RadioBanter

-   -   Bad DXing (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/164270-bad-dxing.html)

Burr[_2_] April 21st 11 11:45 PM

Bad DXing

Yesterday was the worst DXing day I have had here in the Philippines.

I normally DX from 0700 to 0900 utc which is daytime here. Yesterday
everything was down and very messed up. The BBC and R Australia were the
only things I could get around 0700-0800 then even they faded.

Must have been The Sun! Wish I could stay up and DX but if I stay up I am
working with stocks and don't take time to DX.

Maybe I can have a talk with myself and see if I can start DXing at night.

--
Burr
From The Gardens

[email protected] April 22nd 11 03:35 PM

Bad DXing

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 06:45:32 +0800, "Burr" wrote:

Yesterday was the worst DXing day I have had here in the Philippines.

I normally DX from 0700 to 0900 utc which is daytime here. Yesterday
everything was down and very messed up. The BBC and R Australia were the
only things I could get around 0700-0800 then even they faded.

Must have been The Sun! Wish I could stay up and DX but if I stay up I am
working with stocks and don't take time to DX.

Maybe I can have a talk with myself and see if I can start DXing at night.

Same here. Daytime was poor. But just after dark I made a contact with
Macedonia with 100 watts on 20 meters.

Jim (MI)