RadioBanter

-   -   LF Engineering H-900 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/164575-re-lf-engineering-h-900-a.html)

[email protected] April 25th 11 05:46 AM

LF Engineering H-900

On Apr 24, 12:19*pm, VE3WDM wrote:
I just purchased the LF engineering H-900 active antenna I am using it
with the Elecraft K3 radio's sub receiver. I have mounted the antenna
in the attic as I live in a condo townhouse and out door antennas are
prohibited. Here is what is happening, I switch the gain switch to
position my received signal goes down and in some cases disappears. *I
was under the impression with this switched on the signals would
increase?
Thanks in advance for your help
Mike

Are you residing in a steel-and-concrete structure ? If so, can the
H-900 be mounted near a window (on the inside ) .