RadioBanter

-   -   I'll say this much about the 10 meter band... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/174442-ill-say-much-about-10-meter-band.html)

Steve October 20th 11 03:08 PM

I'll say this much about the 10 meter band...

When it's open, it's REALLY open. I've made more CW contacts in Japan,
Australia and New Zealand in the past week on 10m than I've made in a
long, long time. And the timing couldn't be better as I'm breaking in
a beautiful new N0SA single lever paddle. We're talking serious fun....

x=usr(1536) October 20th 11 07:40 PM

On 10/20/11 7:08 AM, Steve wrote:
When it's open, it's REALLY open. I've made more CW contacts in Japan,
Australia and New Zealand in the past week on 10m than I've made in a
long, long time. And the timing couldn't be better as I'm breaking in
a beautiful new N0SA single lever paddle. We're talking serious fun....

Out of curiosity, were you in QSO with an operator in the UK on (IIRC)
7035khz last night around 0600-0700 UTC? Don't know if it was you or
not, but someone on one of the Web SDRs I was fooling around with last
night made a very similar comment.

Could have been on 7015, now that I think of it... Can't remember the
frequency exactly, but am quite certain it was 40m.

- x.