RadioBanter

-   -   Is there anyone here besides me who has reached the point ......That they would rather be dead ...... Than spend the rest of their lives POOR?$?$? ... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/194651-re-there-anyone-here-besides-me-who-has-reached-point-they-would-rather-dead-than-spend-rest-their-lives-poor-%24-%24.html)

Jack Pine May 20th 13 03:39 PM

Is there anyone here besides me who has reached the point ......That they would rather be dead ...... Than spend the rest of their lives POOR?$?$? ...

On May 16, 4:43*pm, CyberDroog wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2013 15:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Jack Pine

wrote:
On May 14, 6:22*pm, CyberDroog wrote:

There more to it than "American craftsmanship" disappearing also. *The
fact is that the crafts have merely changed.

Yes, American labor today would be barely recognizable by, say, a
steelworker transported from 1955.

Talk to JFK - he's the one who gave America's steel industry to Germany.

The exponential growth in the
digital world has accelerated the metamorphosis to such a rate that a
few million people haven't been able to keep up. *I think this fact
and the rapid expansion of Oriental economies can be named as two
factors in our 'jobless recovery.'

Life is change. *That has always been true.

Never been anything like the current rate of change or population
growth.

Brenda Dyer May 20th 13 09:56 PM

Is there anyone here besides me who has reached the point ...... That they would rather be dead ...... Than spend the rest of their lives POOR ?$?$? ...

"CyberDroog" wrote in message
om...

Peak population growth occurred 50 years ago. It has been declining ever
since.

Where did you get that pearl of wisdom? World population continues to grow
exponentially. In 1930, there were just 2 billion, we hit 3 billion around
1960, 4 billion in 1975, 5 billion in 1983, and 6 billion in ~ 1999. We're
already closing rapidly on 7 billion. Yes, the rate of growth as a
percentage of the total may be slightly lower, but when you deal with
numbers like this, it's almost a non-sequitur.

DhiaDuit May 21st 13 05:50 AM

On Monday, May 20, 2013 3:56:16 PM UTC-5, Brenda Dyer wrote:
"CyberDroog" wrote in message

om...

Peak population growth occurred 50 years ago. It has been declining ever

since.

Where did you get that pearl of wisdom? World population continues to grow

exponentially. In 1930, there were just 2 billion, we hit 3 billion around

1960, 4 billion in 1975, 5 billion in 1983, and 6 billion in ~ 1999. We're

already closing rapidly on 7 billion. Yes, the rate of growth as a

percentage of the total may be slightly lower, but when you deal with

numbers like this, it's almost a non-sequitur.

A Bridge, you say? Go to the middle of the Bridge and turn right.

David[_19_] May 21st 13 10:25 PM

Is there anyone here besides me who has reached the point ...... That they would rather be dead ...... Than spend the rest of their lives POOR ?$?$? ...

"CyberDroog" wrote in message
om...

news:0m0lp8dc5775rqvf3cb3nhhi52l0luhogi@giganews. com...

Peak population growth occurred 50 years ago. It has been declining ever
since.

Where did you get that pearl of wisdom? World population continues to grow
exponentially. In 1930, there were just 2 billion, we hit 3 billion around
1960, 4 billion in 1975, 5 billion in 1983, and 6 billion in ~ 1999. We're
already closing rapidly on 7 billion. Yes, the rate of growth as a
percentage of the total may be slightly lower, but when you deal with
numbers like this, it's almost a non-sequitur.

You ask a question, answer it yourself and then claim it doesn't
follow....

sigh

--
Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am one, and I actually
receive my mail there.

- Scott Adams

ok

Jack Pine May 23rd 13 08:24 PM

Is there anyone here besides me who has reached the point ......That they would rather be dead ...... Than spend the rest of their lives POOR?$?$? ...

Peak population growth occurred 50 years ago. *It has been declining ever
since.

Interesting. Source?

Jack Pine May 23rd 13 08:27 PM

wrote:
"CyberDroog" *wrote in message
news:0m0lp8dc5775rqvf3cb3nhhi52l0luhogi@giganews. com...

Peak population growth occurred 50 years ago. *It has been declining ever
since.

Where did you get that pearl of wisdom? World population continues to grow
exponentially. In 1930, there were just 2 billion, we hit 3 billion around
1960, 4 billion in 1975, 5 billion in 1983, and 6 billion in ~ 1999. We're
already closing rapidly on 7 billion. Yes, the rate of growth as a
percentage of the total may be slightly lower, but when you deal with
numbers like this, it's almost a non-sequitur.

You ask a question, answer it yourself and then claim it doesn't
follow....

sigh

The the rate of increase (acceleration) may have declined but the rate
continues to increase, I believe. I doubt the worldwide population
growth rate have ever been higher. Guessing. Source?

Jack Pine May 23rd 13 08:35 PM

On May 23, 3:30*pm, "%" wrote:
Jack Pine wrote:
Peak population growth occurred 50 years ago. It has been declining
ever since.

Interesting. *Source?

non human primates

" The paper is titled "Lethal intergroup aggression leads to
territorial expansion in wild chimpanzees." The research is funded by
the Detroit Zoological Institute, the Little Rock Zoo, the L.S.B.
Leakey Foundation, the National Geographic Society, the National
Science Foundation, the University of Michigan, the Wenner-Gren
Foundation for Anthropological Research, and Yale University.

" Read more at: http://phys.org/news196342222.html#jCp

% May 23rd 13 08:45 PM

Jack Pine wrote:
On May 23, 3:30 pm, "%" wrote:
Jack Pine wrote:
Peak population growth occurred 50 years ago. It has been declining
ever since.

Interesting. Source?

non human primates

" The paper is titled "Lethal intergroup aggression leads to
territorial expansion in wild chimpanzees." The research is funded by
the Detroit Zoological Institute, the Little Rock Zoo, the L.S.B.
Leakey Foundation, the National Geographic Society, the National
Science Foundation, the University of Michigan, the Wenner-Gren
Foundation for Anthropological Research, and Yale University.

" Read more at: http://phys.org/news196342222.html#jCp

which has nothing to do with population regrowth