RadioBanter

-   -   DX Test - A Reminder (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/202208-dx-test-reminder.html)

dxAce[_22_] March 22nd 14 03:10 AM

DX Test - A Reminder

KCKM 1330 kHz, Monahans, TX Saturday, March 22, 2014. 1:00 AM ET until
1:30 AM ET (same as 0500-0530 UTC).

NRC
By Paul Swearingen

From Paul Walker: "Bob Souza, GM & Owner at KCKM 1330 Monahans, Texas
has agreed
to do a DX test for us DX'ers.

Date: Saturday March 22, 2014 from 12AM to 12:30AM CDT = 0500 GMT
(Friday night
into Saturday Morning). The test will be be at full daytime power and
pattern .…
12,000 Watts Non-Directional into a 5/8th wave tower. The test will
consist mainly
of Morse code, sweep tones, and sound effects known to cut through the
mud. There
will be a few voice announcements spread throughout the 30-minute test.

Bob prefers reports sent by email but will accept snail-mailed
submissions. If you
send an email, please send MP3 attachments only; WAV files would be too
big. Snail
mail reports can be sent with a CD or cassette cued up to the best part
of the
reception. The mailing address is: PO Box 990, Monahans TX 79756. Emails
should be
sent to

Bob has said a verification post card will be sent. I encourage you to
send just a
single stamp to help defray the cost of the postage. Bob didn't ask for
that, but
I think it would be a kind gesture.

If I have left anything out or anyone has questions, please email ME
directly:
."

(via mike terry, mwdx.yahoogroups.com)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce[_22_] March 22nd 14 09:15 AM

DX Test - A Reminder

I checked near the end of my tape and definitely hear the sweep tones and
code.

Further listening a bit later today.

dxAce wrote:

KCKM 1330 kHz, Monahans, TX Saturday, March 22, 2014. 1:00 AM ET until
1:30 AM ET (same as 0500-0530 UTC).

NRC
By Paul Swearingen

From Paul Walker: "Bob Souza, GM & Owner at KCKM 1330 Monahans, Texas
has agreed
to do a DX test for us DX'ers.

dave March 22nd 14 12:57 PM

DX Test - A Reminder

dxAce wrote:

KCKM 1330 kHz, Monahans, TX Saturday, March 22, 2014. 1:00 AM ET until
1:30 AM ET (same as 0500-0530 UTC).

NRC
By Paul Swearingen

From Paul Walker: "Bob Souza, GM & Owner at KCKM 1330 Monahans, Texas
has agreed
to do a DX test for us DX'ers.

Date: Saturday March 22, 2014 from 12AM to 12:30AM CDT = 0500 GMT
(Friday night
[...]

Does that constitute officially hearing the station? Morse code on MW? I
guess. I used a Beatles song to identify Tahiti.