RadioBanter

-   -   Sensitivity of shortwave dropped ... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/202273-sensitivity-shortwave-dropped.html)

dave March 25th 14 02:16 PM

Sensitivity of shortwave dropped ...

On 03/24/2014 08:50 AM, wrote:
On Monday, March 24, 2014 8:43:08 AM UTC-4, dave wrote:
On 03/23/2014 02:28 PM, marc wrote:

I have a Nissan Car radio with shortwave, and its sensitivity suddenly dropped on AM & SW. FM still ok.

What to do?

Rod antenna? Active stub? Active on glass?

Without an antenna FM reception would be extremely poor in a car.

My AM and FM antennas are separate, both on glass. There is an FET line
driver involved for the AM. This is a likely point of electrical failure
as we all learned from Sony way back in the 1980s.

[email protected] April 2nd 14 10:51 PM

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:51:49 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:28:50 PM UTC-4, marc wrote:

I have a Nissan Car radio with shortwave, and its sensitivity suddenly dropped on AM & SW. FM still ok.

What to do?

http://shortwave.tk

700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk

300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk

Front end blown. Common problem. Parts may be unobtainium.

Or may be a common fet. An $0.89 part