RadioBanter

-   -   Have not heard PBS on 7260 kHz (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/209094-have-not-heard-pbs-7260-khz.html)

RF Collins November 7th 14 11:13 PM

Have not heard PBS on 7260 kHz

Have not heard PBS Xinjiang on 7260 kHz at 2300 UTC since the time change.
I checked Eurrope SDR too and all I could hear was Mongolia with interval
signal on freq at 2300 UTC.

Jim (MI)

RF Collins November 7th 14 11:52 PM

Have not heard PBS on 7260 kHz

RF Collins wrote in
:

Have not heard PBS Xinjiang on 7260 kHz at 2300 UTC since the time
change. I checked Eurrope SDR too and all I could hear was Mongolia
with interval signal on freq at 2300 UTC.

Jim (MI)

Hearing Mongolia direct now (here in Michigan) at 2350 UTC on 7260 kHz.

Jim

dxAce[_22_] November 8th 14 12:22 PM

RF Collins wrote:

Have not heard PBS Xinjiang on 7260 kHz at 2300 UTC since the time change.
I checked Eurrope SDR too and all I could hear was Mongolia with interval
signal on freq at 2300 UTC.

We've got solar flares happening once again.

I am looking forward to the DX test on 1390 early Monday morning. I'll set the
R8 and the cassette recorder and see what we pull out of the jumble.

Joe from Kokomo[_2_] November 8th 14 02:25 PM

On 11/8/2014 7:22 AM, dxAce wrote:

We've got solar flares happening once again.

Space weather for the past 24 hours has been strong. Radio blackouts
reaching the R3 level occurred -- an X-class solar flare Nov 7 at 1726 UTC.

IMHO the best radio oriented propagation site is:

http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/

A good general site is:

spaceweather.com

dxAce[_22_] November 8th 14 02:42 PM

Joe from Kokomo wrote:

On 11/8/2014 7:22 AM, dxAce wrote:

We've got solar flares happening once again.

Space weather for the past 24 hours has been strong. Radio blackouts
reaching the R3 level occurred -- an X-class solar flare Nov 7 at 1726 UTC.

IMHO the best radio oriented propagation site is:

http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/

A good general site is:

spaceweather.com

All I do is check here real quick, and then let my ears do the rest:

http://www.n3kl.org/

RF Collins November 8th 14 10:27 PM

Have not heard PBS on 7260 kHz

dxAce wrote in
:

Picking up WNIO Youngstown, OH on 1390 AM right now 2219 UTC.FOX radio
network affiliate. Starting to fade and band is going longer. Lots of
echo between the dipole and the box loop antennas.

Jim(MI)