RadioBanter

-   -   Cousin Burr (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/210250-cousin-burr.html)

dxAce[_22_] December 6th 14 01:49 PM

Cousin Burr

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

DhiaDuit December 6th 14 03:41 PM

Cousin Burr

On Saturday, December 6, 2014 6:49:19 AM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

I hope that storm doesn't 'git him'. TV news shows people over there taking cover.

dxAce[_22_] December 7th 14 05:05 PM

Cousin Burr

dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

DhiaDuit December 7th 14 05:10 PM

Cousin Burr

On Sunday, December 7, 2014 10:05:10 AM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina were real 'Doozeys' Google them.

Drifter December 9th 14 01:05 PM

Cousin Burr

dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina were real 'Doozeys' Google them.

Steve, any u-dates from Burr as yet?

Drifter...

dxAce[_22_] December 9th 14 01:09 PM

Cousin Burr

dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina were real 'Doozeys' Google them.

Steve, any u-dates from Burr as yet?

Not a thing as I patiently await...

dxAce[_22_] December 9th 14 02:17 PM

Cousin Burr

dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina were real 'Doozeys' Google them.

Steve, any u-dates from Burr as yet?

Not a thing as I patiently await...

Just got this email from Burr:

It rained all night and day, a very light rain almost no wind, the Storm
went above and below us so we got off lucky I could not do my 20 mile ride
or work with dividing my Orchids so I stayed inside and routined (sic) all
the three computers, took a world class nap and still had a great day.
Tomorrow is Lifting (KB's) and Yoga (you are only as young as your spine)
then maybe I can get back to my Orchids.

DhiaDuit December 9th 14 06:15 PM

Cousin Burr

dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina were real 'Doozeys' Google them.

Steve, any u-dates from Burr as yet?

Not a thing as I patiently await...

Just got this email from Burr:

It rained all night and day, a very light rain almost no wind, the Storm
went above and below us so we got off lucky I could not do my 20 mile ride
or work with dividing my Orchids so I stayed inside and routined (sic) all
the three computers, took a world class nap and still had a great day.
Tomorrow is Lifting (KB's) and Yoga (you are only as young as your spine)
then maybe I can get back to my Orchids.

Glad to know Burr is alright.

Drifter December 10th 14 02:26 PM

Cousin Burr

On 12/9/2014 8:17 AM, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina were real 'Doozeys' Google them.

Steve, any u-dates from Burr as yet?

Not a thing as I patiently await...

Just got this email from Burr:

It rained all night and day, a very light rain almost no wind, the Storm
went above and below us so we got off lucky I could not do my 20 mile ride
or work with dividing my Orchids so I stayed inside and routined (sic) all
the three computers, took a world class nap and still had a great day.
Tomorrow is Lifting (KB's) and Yoga (you are only as young as your spine)
then maybe I can get back to my Orchids.

Vary cool. Lucky guy.

Drifter...

dxAce[_22_] December 10th 14 03:36 PM

Cousin Burr

dxAce wrote:

[...]

Yeah, the wife is a Philipino, and I guess he likes it there. One thing for sure it
is warm there ALL the time.

I just checked the temp for Manila and it is 78, with a high tomorrow of 86. Humidity
82%.