RadioBanter

-   -   Grundig S350 FM antenna connection (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/216360-grundig-s350-fm-antenna-connection.html)

[email protected] May 28th 15 06:15 AM

Grundig S350 FM antenna connection

Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Travis McGee May 28th 15 06:21 AM

On 5/28/2015 1:15 AM, wrote:
Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Universal Radio stocks a pretty good assortment of adapters.

[email protected] May 28th 15 06:49 AM

On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 1:15:15 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

S350 has a PAL connector. What you need is a Pal F -to -F adapter. $2.29 item at Universal Radio.

D. Peter Maus[_2_] May 28th 15 03:14 PM

On 5/28/15 24:49 , wrote:
On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 1:15:15 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

S350 has a PAL connector. What you need is a Pal F -to -F adapter. $2.29 item at Universal Radio.

$7.99 At Radio Shack.

[email protected] May 28th 15 03:40 PM

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 10:15:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Will definitely try that! Thanks so much to both!

[email protected] May 28th 15 03:44 PM

Grundig S350 FM antenna connection

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 10:15:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I mean thanks to all THREE responders!

[email protected] May 28th 15 05:14 PM

Grundig S350 FM antenna connection

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 10:15:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

O.k., I looked up the PAL adapter and I realize that I still need to replace the plug on my antenna since it has one of these plugs that you just stick into the appropriate receptor hole. Maybe I just got the wrong kind of antenna.

[email protected] May 28th 15 07:40 PM

On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 12:14:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 10:15:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hoping to improve FM reception I mistakenly bought an antenna that I read people use on boats. Unfortunately the cable does not match the 75 ohm jack at the back of the radio. Therefore I am looking for the female part to fit the jack and then have that connected to the antenna by someone who knows how to do that. My question is: where can I find that female part to fit the jack on my radio?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

O.k., I looked up the PAL adapter and I realize that I still need to replace the plug on my antenna since it has one of these plugs that you just stick into the appropriate receptor hole. Maybe I just got the wrong kind of antenna.

Does it look like a TV antenna/cable F connector ?