RadioBanter

-   -   Well, well..... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/235665-well-well.html)

D. Peter Maus[_2_] March 15th 16 07:43 PM

Well, well.....

And, it was just a few years ago, that our dear friend David Eduardo
Gleason was insisting that Clear Channel had the lowest debt service
of any of the Radio conglomerates, and that they were the most
financially healthy company in the industry.

Another debunked claim:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/09/credito...y-6b-in-loans/

DhiaDuit March 15th 16 08:17 PM

Well, well.....

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 2:43:44 PM UTC-5, D. Peter Maus wrote:
And, it was just a few years ago, that our dear friend David Eduardo
Gleason was insisting that Clear Channel had the lowest debt service
of any of the Radio conglomerates, and that they were the most
financially healthy company in the industry.

Another debunked claim:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/09/credito...y-6b-in-loans/

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk....

analogdial March 16th 16 07:20 PM

Well, well.....

D. Peter Maus wrote:

And, it was just a few years ago, that our dear friend David Eduardo
Gleason was insisting that Clear Channel had the lowest debt service
of any of the Radio conglomerates, and that they were the most
financially healthy company in the industry.

Another debunked claim:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/09/credito...y-6b-in-loans/

2008? I don't get it. Why the hell would any buyer OR lender think
radio broadcasting had a increasingly profitable future in 2008?

Wasn't 2008 about the time David Eduardo flip-flopped on AM IBOC?

D. Peter Maus[_2_] March 18th 16 11:27 AM

Well, well.....

On 3/16/16 14:20 , analogdial wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:

And, it was just a few years ago, that our dear friend David Eduardo
Gleason was insisting that Clear Channel had the lowest debt service
of any of the Radio conglomerates, and that they were the most
financially healthy company in the industry.

Another debunked claim:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/09/credito...y-6b-in-loans/

2008? I don't get it. Why the hell would any buyer OR lender think
radio broadcasting had a increasingly profitable future in 2008?

Wasn't 2008 about the time David Eduardo flip-flopped on AM IBOC?

He flip-flopped on about everything, about all the time. 2008 was
nothing out of the ordinary.

But it was about the time he got bounced out of his gig and moved into
retirement.

Dicks Jockey March 23rd 16 08:56 PM

Well, well.....

I don't think Eduardo has ever made a public posting that wasn't a
definitive statement and supposedly the final word on any topic.

There's no discussion with Eduardo, nor is there possibly another way to
look at things.

D. Peter Maus[_2_] March 24th 16 09:28 PM

Well, well.....

On 3/23/16 15:56 , Dicks Jockey wrote:
I don't think Eduardo has ever made a public posting that wasn't a
definitive statement and supposedly the final word on any topic.

There's no discussion with Eduardo, nor is there possibly another way to
look at things.

Can you imagine what it was like to work for that?

Dicks Jockey March 25th 16 05:02 AM

Well, well.....

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 3/23/16 15:56 , Dicks Jockey wrote:
I don't think Eduardo has ever made a public posting that wasn't a
definitive statement and supposedly the final word on any topic.

There's no discussion with Eduardo, nor is there possibly another way to
look at things.

Can you imagine what it was like to work for that?

Well, he was a "consultant"....and that's how consultants talk.

Im order to justify their retainer....they have to act like they have they
always have the definitive and final answer.

They don't realize that in cyberspacve, they are just another bozo on the
bus with an opinion.

Steve March 25th 16 04:58 PM

Well, well.....

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:05:43 PM UTC-4, Dicks Jockey wrote:
I don't think Eduardo has ever made a public posting that wasn't a
definitive statement and supposedly the final word on any topic.

There's no discussion with Eduardo, nor is there possibly another way to
look at things.

Agreed. Best not to even reply to trolls like Gleason, Eduardo or whatever the hell he calls himself these days. In fact, if we'd all just ignored him years ago this group would be in much better shape now.

Dicks Jockey March 26th 16 04:53 AM

Well, well.....

"Steve" wrote in message
On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:05:43 PM UTC-4, Dicks Jockey wrote:
I don't think Eduardo has ever made a public posting that wasn't a
definitive statement and supposedly the final word on any topic.

There's no discussion with Eduardo, nor is there possibly another way to
look at things.

Agreed. Best not to even reply to trolls like Gleason, Eduardo or whatever
the hell he calls himself these days. In fact, if we'd all just ignored
him years ago
this group would be in much better shape now.

It appears he hasn't frequented newsgroups for awhile now, no?

D. Peter Maus[_2_] March 28th 16 04:25 PM

Well, well.....

On 3/25/16 24:02 , Dicks Jockey wrote:
"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 3/23/16 15:56 , Dicks Jockey wrote:
I don't think Eduardo has ever made a public posting that wasn't a
definitive statement and supposedly the final word on any topic.

There's no discussion with Eduardo, nor is there possibly another way to
look at things.

Can you imagine what it was like to work for that?

Well, he was a "consultant"....and that's how consultants talk.

Well, not always. Some do. When I was programming, most of the
consultants manglement threw at me were respectful of the fact that it
was my sandbox, and their turds were not welcome.

But, Eduardo was also a program director. I can't imagine talent
putting up with his noise. Not for long, anyway.