RadioBanter

-   -   Seeking New FAQ/Intro Maintainers for rec.radio.shortwave (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/236167-seeking-new-faq-intro-maintainers-rec-radio-shortwave.html)

rec.radio.info Admin September 7th 16 07:00 AM

Seeking New FAQ/Intro Maintainers for rec.radio.shortwave

Posted-By: auto-faq 3.3.2 beta (PGPMoose V2.0, Perl 5.005)
Archive-name: radio/monitoring/recruitment
Revision: 1.2 2011/05/25 12:30:13
Posting-Frequency: posted quarterly

Changes followed by "|".

The rec.radio.info newsgroup, first established in 1993, has been
recently revived by an active moderation team. We are currently seeking
suitable information, FAQ, and bulletin articles from the entire
rec.radio.* newsgroup hierarchy for simultanous cross-posting to our
newsgroup.

We are seeking replacement maintainers for the following information
bulletins formerly posted to rec.radio.shortwave (and currently archived
at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/monitoring/ ):

radio/monitoring/am-fm-dxing
Subject: Welcome to rec.radio.shortwave (AM/FM DXing)
Maintainer: (Scott Fybush)
Last Posted: 28 Jun 1996 00:09:51 GMT

radio/monitoring/introduction
Subject: Welcome to rec.radio.shortwave
Maintainer:
(Ralph Brandi)
Last Posted: 28 Jun 1996 00:09:38 GMT

radio/monitoring/shortwave-faq
Subject: Welcome to rec.radio.shortwave (Shortwave)
Maintainer:
(Ralph Brandi)
Last Posted: 28 Jun 1996 00:09:45 GMT

We have been informed by the readers of rec.radio.shortwave that a |
recent (2008) attempt to update these documents and post them (or links |
to them) at regular intervals, has since been abandoned, so the project |
is once again open to a sincere and motivated volunteer. |

We are interested in offering any technical support necessary to get
these articles updated and automatically posted again at regular
intervals. This would include establishing contact with the original
maintainers for any necessary permissions. We would prefer to seek new,
dedicated maintainers at this time, rather than start auto-posting the
original articles ourselves.

For more information about our newsgroup, see:

http://www.panix.com/~rram/usenet/rri/index.html

Please direct any comments, questions, or criticisms to
.