RadioBanter

-   -   Post Your Favorite DxAce Memory (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/236874-post-your-favorite-dxace-memory.html)

[email protected] February 24th 17 01:13 AM

Post Your Favorite DxAce Memory

I always looked forward to his annual awarding of the "Golden Come Along" award.

Also remembered fondly is his wearing of the North Korean lapel pin while observing a moment of silence in respect of the passing of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's Great Leader Kim Jong-IL.

The pin was sent to him in 1992 along with a QSL from Radio Pyongyang.

So many more memories of his contributions to rec.radio.shortwave but I will save them for the rest of you to post.

Steve February 24th 17 01:21 AM

Post Your Favorite DxAce Memory

This is going back a ways, but his contributions to the "Drake R8B vs Icom IC-R75" debates were frequently hilarious.

Bob Campbell[_2_] March 3rd 17 04:39 AM

Post Your Favorite DxAce Memory

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 17:13:40 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

His general childishness, and "CanaDUH".

Let's face it, the guy was a loser.

Steve March 15th 17 12:54 PM

wrote:

His general childishness, and "CanaDUH".

Let's face it, the guy was a loser.

I didn't like everything he said here. We all have our faults, but I don't think you can draw any conclusions about someone from what they post in an online forum like this. The stakes are always supremely low on the internet, while what matters about people is what they do/say when the stakes are high.

Michael Black[_2_] March 15th 17 04:08 PM

wrote:

His general childishness, and "CanaDUH".

Let's face it, the guy was a loser.

I didn't like everything he said here. We all have our faults, but I
don't think you can draw any conclusions about someone from what they
post in an online forum like this. The stakes are always supremely low
on the internet, while what matters about people is what they do/say
when the stakes are high.

That's why this newsgroup has decayed.

There was a time when this wasn't a social space, it was for discussion of
listening to radio.

When someone asked a question, there were good replies.

And idiot replies at some point took over, which increased the rate at
which the oldtimers disappeared.

I have no interest in meeting people from here, so their only existence is
how they act here. If they can't post anything useful or coherent, then
they don't exist.

Michael

DhiaDuit March 15th 17 06:57 PM

wrote:

[...]

President Trump has been told bill and hillary clinton are DYING. yournewswire.com ...Come to think about it,, Aren't we all?

Steve March 17th 17 05:48 PM

wrote:

[...]

I agree with you. It's getting harder and harder to find any online forum that's worthwhile. I still come here once in a while, but more out of habit than anything else.