RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for another Kaito KA35 Active Loop Antenna. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/247618-looking-another-kaito-ka35-active-loop-antenna.html)

gccengineering[_2_] September 27th 17 09:56 PM

Looking for another Kaito KA35 Active Loop Antenna.

I am looking for another Kaito KA35 active antenna. I had one, but the loop antenna element broke on me, and I tried to fix it, but there is no technical documentation, not even a schematic diagram to help me connect the ferrite rod antenna. Unfortunately, the small board got lost, and I cannot find it anywhere in my listening post. It disappoints me.

I am trying find one on Ebay, and still there is no luck. I wish that Kaito Electronics would continue making the KA33 with 3 bands instead of 2 bands LW-MW and SW, and make a newer version of the Kaito KA35 that covers 10 kHz to 3 MHz using the active loop element, and it has a 7.5 inch ferrite rod instead of the 4.5 inch ferrite rod antenna. And the whip antenna covers up to 30 MHz. The new version should be powered with a new Lithium battery instead of the NiMH batteries. They used the same battery as with any other emergency radio such as the 3.6 volt 600 mAh. How about something like 3000 mAh @ 3.6 volts.

If anyone has one to offer, please let me know at my email address. I have not posted here in a long time.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Adam E.

Virginia Beach, VA