RadioBanter

-   -   California Highway Patrol frequencies (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/254626-re-california-highway-patrol-frequencies.html)

[email protected] March 2nd 18 04:05 PM

California Highway Patrol frequencies

This is all old and invalid information. For example, 42.440 is not even used at all anymore for some reason. It was the old pink but pink is another freq. now.

On Friday, January 5, 1990 at 1:31:10 AM UTC-8, John Debert wrote:
in article , (Gregory K Doerschler) says:

I recall seeing a list of CHP frequencies in a magazine sometime within
the past year (Monitoring Times?), but now that I need it I can't seem
to locate it. Does anyone remember where and when it appeared, or can
anyone send me a list of the CHP frequencies/channels. Here in Worcester,
Massachusetts, I've been listening to CHP daily on 42.12 MHz with mobiles
on 42.20. The sunspot activity has really provided some interesting
listening on 30-50 MHz.

Greg

Here's what I've got so far on the CHP. Note that the mobile call signs are
usually preceded by the office number, thus fixing their general location.
There are some exceptions, including aircraft and inspection vehicles, which
may have a name plus a number ID, i.e., "Air 34" or "Golden Gate 24".

I'd also like to hear from anyone who can fill in the blanks.

jd

(Scanning SIG moderator)

-----

California Highway Patrol

Channel Base Mobile
---------------------------------------
SILVER 42.0800 42.2800
GOLD 42.1200 42.2000
PURPLE 42.4000 42.1600
BLUE 42.3400 42.1800
GREEN 42.5400 42.2400
YELLOW 42.5200 42.3000
ORANGE 42.8800 42.6600
RED 42.4400 42.2800
PINK 42.4400 42.7600
BROWN 42.5000 42.8200
BLACK 42.4600 42.7000
WHITE 42.5600 42.7200
TAN 42.4200 42.8400
GRAY 42.4800 42.6800
COPPER 42.6000 42.7400

Range Extenders: 154.905

Los Angeles area: 45.0200

To Nevada HP: 42.9400

Blue is often used for air-ground communications during speed enforcement
operations.

Some vehicles are equipped with VHF transceivers for use on CLEMARS
and other State Police frequencies:

CLEMARS: 154.9200 154.9350

State Police: 154.6650
==========

CHP Offices

OFFICE LOCATION CHANNEL DISPATCH
1
2
3 Buellton WHITE
4
5
6 Blythe PINK/RED
7 Kelseyville WHITE
8 King City BLACK Monterey ?
9 Atascadero WHITE
10
11
12 Victorville WHITE
13 Meyers GRAY
14 Santa Maria WHITE
15 Los Angeles BLACK
16 Arcata YELLOW
17 Santa Rosa ORANGE
18 Ukiah WHITE
19 Walnut Creek PURPLE
20 Quincy
21 Napa PURPLE
22 Vacaville PURPLE
23 Gilroy (Hollister) GREEN Monterey
24 San Jose BROWN San Jose
25 Hayward TAN
26 Aptos (Santa Cruz) GREEN Monterey
27 Monterey (Salinas) BLACK Monterey
28 San Luis Obispo WHITE ?
29 Goleta GREEN
30 Los Banos ORANGE
31 Ventura PURPLE
32 San Francisco SILVER
34 Corte Madera SILVER
35 Oroville BROWN ?
36 Red Bluff PINK/RED
37 Redding PINK/RED
38 Susanville
39 Williams BROWN
40 Porterville SILVER
41 Yreka PURPLE
42 Grass Valley GREEN
43 Yuba City BROWN
44 Placerville GREEN
45 Newcastle GREEN
46 Sacramento GOLD
47 Woodland BLACK
48 Modesto YELLOW
49 San Andreas WHITE
50
51
52 Mt Shasta PURPLE
53
54
55 Westminster GRAY
56 West Valley BROWN
57
58
59 Mojave WHITE
60 Alturas
61 Columbia WHITE
62 Stockton WHITE
63 Mariposa ORANGE
64 Merced ORANGE
65 Fresno SILVER
66 Madera ORANGE
67 Visalia PINK/RED
68 Hanford PINK/RED
69 Bakersfield BROWN
70 Gold Run GRAY
71 Bridgeport
72 Bishop
73 Barstow WHITE
74 Riverside GREEN
75 San Bernardino COPPER
76 Indio PINK/RED
77 Gardena WHITE
78 Newhall TAN
79 Culver City PINK/RED
80 Truckee GRAY
81 Baldwin Park ORANGE
82 Montebello YELLOW
83 Santa Fe SPrings GOLD
84 Ontario ORANGE
85 El Centro
86 Santa Ana PURPLE
87 San Diego ORANGE
88 Coalinga PINK/RED
89 Palmdale TAN
90 Weaverville PINK/RED
91 Redwood City SILVER
92 Oceanside GOLD
93 Willows BROWN
94 Sutter Creek WHITE
95 Crescent City GREEN
96 Oakland GOLD
97 Banning PINK/RED
98 Glendale BROWN
99
100
101 Running Springs COPPER
102 Lebec TAN
103 Tracy GREEN
104 Chico BROWN
105 Garberville GREEN
106 Twenty-nine Palms WHITE
107
108 El Cajon GOLD
109 Malibu PINK/RED
110
111
112 Sacramento BLACK
113 San Juan Capistrano GRAY
114 Needles WHITE
115 Rancho California GOLD
116
117
118
119
120

[email protected] March 2nd 18 05:49 PM

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 9:06:01 AM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

cityfreq.com or, scanner frequency finder

[email protected] August 3rd 20 01:08 AM

California Highway Patrol frequencies

While some may be outdated 42.4400 is still an active CHP frequency for the Tulare county area.