RadioBanter

-   -   Make America Late Again! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/261902-make-america-late-again.html)

Frank[_14_] August 19th 18 02:42 PM

Make America Late Again!

NIST FY2019 budget includes request to shutdown WWV and WWVH

https://swling.com/blog/2018/08/nist...-wwv-and-wwvh/

6 million bucks? Dammit, we've got to find money for Pruitt's cone of silence and Carson's dining set and The Great Man's golf cart rentals SOMEHOW+ACEAIQAh

We can still try to DX the ChiCom time station. The good ol' ChiComs+ACE

MALA+ACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAI QAhACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAIQAhACEAIQA hACE-

[email protected] August 19th 18 02:53 PM

Make America Late Again!

Greatest news ever! We dont need that antiquated system anymore! #Maga #$$$ trump is the best president the world will ever know!!!!

Michael Black[_3_] August 19th 18 04:01 PM

Make America Late Again!

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018, Frank wrote:

NIST FY2019 budget includes request to shutdown WWV and WWVH

https://swling.com/blog/2018/08/nist...-wwv-and-wwvh/

6 million bucks? Dammit, we've got to find money for Pruitt's cone of
silence and Carson's dining set and The Great Man's golf cart rentals
SOMEHOW!!!

We can still try to DX the ChiCom time station. The good ol' ChiComs!

MALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWV was probably the first station I got a QSL card from, even on my
Hallicrafters S-120A (the solid state one) I could tell the difference
between the different WWV frequencies, while shortwave broadcast stations
were "closer to the the 500KHz mark than an even MHz point". And of
course, when propagation was good so WWVH could be received on the east
coast, you knew it since they had a female announce, and the announcement
was offset in time from the WWV announcement.

If nothing else, WWV provides a signal for beginners to hear, in most
places an almost guaranteed signal, at least on one of the frequencies. I
think I must have listened to it for hours when I was a kid. This is
probably more vital today, as the shortwave broadcast stations disappear,
less to listen to on shortwave. Though in the digital age, no need for a
crystal calibrator, digitally tuned receivers give nice accurate readout,
and are generally close enough in accuracy.

Michael

Frank[_14_] August 19th 18 04:15 PM

Make America Late Again!

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 06:53:16 -0700, 2511382 wrote:

+AD4 +ACM-Maga +ACMAJAAkACQ trump is the best president the world will ever know+ACEAIQAhACE

Nonsense+ACE Putin will elect us a MUCH better President in 2020+ACEAIQ

Frank[_14_] August 19th 18 04:34 PM

Make America Late Again!

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 11:01:47 -0400, Michael Black wrote:

+AD4 WWV was probably the first station I got a QSL card from, even on my
+AD4 Hallicrafters S-120A (the solid state one) I could tell the difference
+AD4 between the different WWV frequencies, while shortwave broadcast stations
+AD4 were +ACI-closer to the the 500KHz mark than an even MHz point+ACI. And of
+AD4 course, when propagation was good so WWVH could be received on the east
+AD4 coast, you knew it since they had a female announce, and the announcement
+AD4 was offset in time from the WWV announcement.
+AD4
+AD4 If nothing else, WWV provides a signal for beginners to hear, in most
+AD4 places an almost guaranteed signal, at least on one of the frequencies. I
+AD4 think I must have listened to it for hours when I was a kid. This is
+AD4 probably more vital today, as the shortwave broadcast stations disappear,
+AD4 less to listen to on shortwave. Though in the digital age, no need for a
+AD4 crystal calibrator, digitally tuned receivers give nice accurate readout,
+AD4 and are generally close enough in accuracy.
+AD4
+AD4 Michael

What's weird is that WWV restarted their 25 Mhz transmissions as a service to radio hobbyists and even put up a circularly polarized antenna. This is not an expensive operation. It's something of a national resource like a National Park.

I'll bet WWV would be a Vital National Interest if it was in blue state Kansas rather than red state Colorado+ACE

[email protected][_2_] August 19th 18 06:01 PM

Make America Late Again!

On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 8:34:11 AM UTC-7, Frank wrote:
I'll bet WWV would be a Vital National Interest if it was in blue state
Kansas rather than red state Colorado!

Au contraire. Scientists and engineers claim to depend on NIST to help produce quantitatively verifiable results. Eliminating WWV and other standards will make it easier to propagate alternative facts that conform to Trumpian ideology.

Frank[_14_] August 20th 18 02:29 PM

Make America Late Again!

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 10:01:25 -0700, jfeng+AEA-my-deja.com wrote:

+AD4 On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 8:34:11 AM UTC-7, Frank wrote:
+AD4APg I'll bet WWV would be a Vital National Interest if it was in blue state
+AD4APg Kansas rather than red state Colorado+ACE
+AD4 Au contraire. Scientists and engineers claim to depend on NIST to help produce quantitatively verifiable results. Eliminating WWV and other standards will make it easier to propagate alternative facts that conform to Trumpian ideology.

Again, I'm dismayed by the IGNORANCE of one Donald J. +ACI-TRUMP+ACI. He wants to turn back the clock? HE HAS THE CLOCK AND DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IT+ACEAIQ The TRUE +ACI-TRUMP+ACI-ian solution is to appoint Sarah Sanders as head of NIST, move WWV back to Maryland and start broadcasting time signals starting with August 6, 1945+ACE MAGA+ACEAIQ-

[email protected] August 20th 18 03:04 PM

Make America Late Again!

Trump is the most amazing man to ever live! Truly incredible individual. He's given more negroes jobs than ever before!

Make fake time great again!

[email protected][_2_] August 20th 18 03:14 PM

Make America Late Again!

On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 7:04:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Make fake time great again!

Local control, back to the days before the railroads imposed time zones on the country, and when some floors of an office building would observe Daylight Saving Time and others would stay on Standard Time! In this world of alternative facts, truth isn't truth.

[email protected] August 20th 18 04:31 PM

Make America Late Again!

On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 9:14:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 7:04:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Make fake time great again!

Local control, back to the days before the railroads imposed time zones on the country, and when some floors of an office building would observe Daylight Saving Time and others would stay on Standard Time! In this world of alternative facts, truth isn't truth.

The most accurate time came from Sundials and the Stars.