Old February 5th 19, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Anyone own a ATS 900?

On Monday, November 9, 1998 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, wrote:
Hi,
Bought a Sangean ATS 909. I found the manual very scanty. There were
some blank pages as well!
I have a few questions and hope someone will have the answers:

1) How does the "Stand by" socket work. I cannot get it to turn an
external tape recorder on/off using the tape recorder's "Remote"
socket?

2) Has anyone else observed that,when the ATS 909 is turnd off (while
using the power adaptor that came with it), the LCD display does not
go off but instead all the graphics are visible at a certain angle of
view? This is not the case when the unit is on!

3) Is it normal for the "Priority " buttone to select the "Page
Number" only and then scan to select the frequency with the highest
signal strength? This is not how the manual describes the "Priority"
button. I thought the "Priority" button memorises the _frequency_ no
matter what "Memo" number it is in whatever "Page" it is in.

Thanks in advance,
Theo