RadioBanter

-   -   SONY ICF-SW7600GR Antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/286723-sony-icf-sw7600gr-antenna.html)

Dale Smith April 7th 20 02:33 AM

SONY ICF-SW7600GR Antenna

I have two SW7600GR radios among others such as a few FRS radios, a SDR, a CB, and a VHF/UHF handy talky. I am re-learning my SONY and came across a number of interesting posts on an external antenna.

I'd like to cut a short diplole for use indoors however I am uncertain how to make a dipole and connect it to the Sony.

One individual suggested a mag loop.

As I am running off battery and do not have a hard ground I had thought of connecting to the ground wire in the electricl receptor near by. I've installed ferrite traps on all my switching power supplies so I hope this reduces the noise ...

Any suggestions for cutting a dipole and connecting to the Sony would be helpful as would suggestions for a magloop.

73,
KJ7GHU

marc[_3_] April 8th 20 11:07 PM

SONY ICF-SW7600GR Antenna

Dale Smith wrote:

I have two SW7600GR radios among others such as a few FRS radios, a SDR, a CB,
and a VHF/UHF handy talky. I am re-learning my SONY and came across a number
of interesting posts on an external antenna.

Watch out for the voltage on the output of the sony! It is used for powering some antennas, like the an1 ...

Marc
http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk