RadioBanter

-   -   Spanish Station on AM (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37007-spanish-station-am.html)

Eddie Kerwin July 2nd 03 05:45 AM

Spanish Station on AM

hi guys

Im hearing a Spanish station on 1540, they mention the united states
alot, and i think i heard a call sign, that bagan with K, but that
mmay have been another station, any help in IDing it?

Thanks!

Richard Cranium July 2nd 03 01:47 PM

(Eddie Kerwin) wrote in message . com...
hi guys

Im hearing a Spanish station on 1540, they mention the united states
alot, and i think i heard a call sign, that bagan with K, but that
mmay have been another station, any help in IDing it?

Thanks!

What's your location? Might help us help you. There are several
Spanish language stations on 1540 within the US.

David Eduardo July 2nd 03 02:49 PM

"Eddie Kerwin" wrote in message
om...
hi guys

Im hearing a Spanish station on 1540, they mention the united states
alot, and i think i heard a call sign, that bagan with K, but that
mmay have been another station, any help in IDing it?

Where are you?

Spanish AMs on 1540 a
KASA-Religion, Phoenix
WACA-Washington, DC
KEDA-San Antonio
KGLA-New Orleans Market

I think there is some Spanish on 1540 in Galveston, too.

Biggest Spanish signal on 1540 in SW would be La Poderosa in Hermosillo,
Sonora.

tedpeterson8 July 2nd 03 03:47 PM

1540 KXEL is a 50k blowtorch out of Waterloo, Iowa that rebroadcasts spanish
religious programming on the weekends as well, if that helps.

Eddie Kerwin July 2nd 03 05:09 PM

(Eddie Kerwin) wrote in message . com...
hi guys

Im hearing a Spanish station on 1540, they mention the united states
alot, and i think i heard a call sign, that bagan with K, but that
mmay have been another station, any help in IDing it?

Thanks!

I am in Columbus, Ohio

WShoots1 July 3rd 03 05:53 AM

I think there is some Spanish on 1540 in Galveston, too.

Correct.

Bill, K5BY

dalmac July 4th 03 05:43 AM

Yep KXEL on 1540 even QSL I hear them here in NZ at times

John Rieger July 4th 03 01:32 PM

Isn't it possible, CHIN in Toronto, also.
CHIN is nothing but Ethnic programming!