RadioBanter

-   -   Strange Code (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37364-strange-code.html)

WShoots1 July 22nd 03 04:03 AM

Strange Code

Tonight (Monday), beginning at 9:00 pm CDT, that unidentifiable CW, sent at 15
groups per minute, came on while I was listening to my eTR7. I tuned in my
DX-392 and found the signal at 10.712 MHz, very close to the eTR7's IF. Of
course, the eTR7 has single conversion. The signal, by the way, is no way as
strong at night as it is in the morning on 9.330. So, I can't guess the
source's location.

Bill, K5BY
SE Texas

WShoots1 July 25th 03 06:11 AM

Red: Sounds like a "spook" station to me. There are a number of spook morse
stations around, more than voice stations actually.

Thanks.

Bill, K5BY