RadioBanter

-   -   Scottish shortwave frequencies (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37600-scottish-shortwave-frequencies.html)

Frank August 6th 03 02:45 AM

Scottish shortwave frequencies

My SO who is Scottish just bought a shortwave radio.
Does anyone know of any stations / frequencies from Scotland
that one can listen to in North America? Thanks, Frank.

yazoo63 August 6th 03 04:56 AM

As far as i know, there aren't any legal shortwave transmissions from
Scotland, nor have there ever been.
(there may be a pirate station or two broadcasting from there).

Gregg August 6th 03 06:41 AM

Behold, yazoo63 flashed in code from a keyed 4-1000A filament:

As far as i know, there aren't any legal shortwave transmissions from
Scotland, nor have there ever been.
(there may be a pirate station or two broadcasting from there).

Accent

Auch, that's just greaaaat! 'Ere dey are, fightin' da Brits for wat's
there's an they canna even get us a shortwave licence!

Well smokin' herring inna summer, I'm going to da pub.

/Accent

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Stewart Mackenzie August 6th 03 09:01 PM

None that I know of unless it comes via the BBCWS. Sure wish they did have an
independent service so I could listen to my ancestrial land too!!!
--
Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language Meet"