RadioBanter

-   -   i dont mind the political posts (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37668-i-dont-mind-political-posts.html)

For Example August 9th 03 07:50 AM

i dont mind the political posts

This newsgroup has some similarities to SW and MW broadcasts;
it's filled with people/groups/nations/governments that broadcast/post
what they think is interesting/important/informative morsels.

Whether it's

- Jesus lovers spreading the "Word"
- NRA members warning us of doom and conspiracy
- fanatical wings of politics pointing there finger sharply at "the other
side"
- "Great leaders" of messed up countries praising themselves
- democracies force-feeding their brand of government to the world

it's all part of sharing information and we can choose what we want to
listen to/read.

The important thing here is choice and I welcome it.

Much of news/political posts on this NG are broadcast in some way,shape or
form over
SW radio. Therefore, I don't find these political post particularly
off-topic for this NG .

Bill Hennessy August 9th 03 09:54 AM

Thank you political poster.

The Dawn Soliloquy August 9th 03 07:11 PM

Maybe I actually have most of the posters blocked out, but the political
content doesn't really seem excessive, I get more e-mails everyday on buying
prescription drugs from Canada than there are off topic posts on this NG.

Regards.

In article , "For Example"
wrote:
This newsgroup has some similarities to SW and MW broadcasts;
it's filled with people/groups/nations/governments that broadcast/post
what they think is interesting/important/informative morsels.

Much of news/political posts on this NG are broadcast in some way,shape or
form over
SW radio. Therefore, I don't find these political post particularly
off-topic for this NG .

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

donut August 9th 03 09:05 PM

"For Example" wrote in
:

[...]

I used to killfile it. Now, I just graze and read what interests me. It
doesn't have to bother me unless I allow it to.

Nice analogy to the actual SW bands.

Brian Denley August 10th 03 05:48 AM

Great answers from non-shortwave listeners. None of you have posted here
before on SW radio related anything.

--
Brian Denley

"donut" wrote in message
"For Example" wrote in
:

donut August 11th 03 05:01 AM

"Brian Denley" wrote in
et:

It's shortwave newsgroup STUPID! Can't you read?

I read it all the time. And almost never post. Why does that get your
panties all in a knot?

MJC August 11th 03 03:04 PM

Hey ass,
The reason that there are more than 35,000 usenet groups is so that
people can go to a particular group that covers their specific interests. If
you want to go to a political group, do so. If you want to go to a shortwave
group, you come here.
If you like this mixed bag crap so much, let's just have 1 (one)
newsgroup that everyone can post everything to and let everyone filter it
out the best they can. We could call it
"rec.dip****wholikespoliticalcrapinshortwavenewsgr oup.everything"

MJC

.. .

Stephan Grossklass August 13th 03 05:33 PM

FWIW, I DO mind those. Usenet isn't shortwave, it has its own rules,
period. (This discussion comes much too late for rrs, though. Years,
literally. Been quite a mess as long as I can remember.) If there's
anything reminiscent of shortwave, it's the peer to peer file sharing
stuff - never know if or when you're going to get that file, or at which
transfer rate.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 256 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W