RadioBanter

-   -   R-75; Strange phenomenon (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37676-r-75%3B-strange-phenomenon.html)

Diverd4777 August 9th 03 10:08 PM

R-75; Strange phenomenon

All:
- I find that I get better reception with the R-75
- When I have the external speakers plugged in..

Using external antenna;

Listening to the R-75 using headphones. Picking up BBC on 12.095 USB from
Ascension Island..
Sounded none too clear.

Plugged in the external speakers ( Powered off)
Sound clears up, static diminishes

Unplug speakers.. Signal gets hissy & far away..
Plug em in, Signal gets clearer..

- Anyone have an answer for this one ??

Dan

RHF August 13th 03 11:46 PM

Dan,

Sounds like you have an Antenna and/or Ground "Issue" that the
external speakers (un-powered) are completing the circuit.

Suggest that you look at both your Antenna and Ground for both
electrical conductivity and mechanical security.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = (Diverd4777)