RadioBanter

-   -   Sony ICF-SW55: any fix for stable BFO? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37749-sony-icf-sw55-any-fix-stable-bfo.html)

Loopfan August 15th 03 09:52 AM

Sony ICF-SW55: any fix for stable BFO?

I recently picked up a Sony ICF-SW55, and like my 7600gr, it has a
slight amount of instability when using ssb. It's not too bad for
occasional use.

Has anyone come up with a mod for these Sony's to tighten up the bfo?

Thanks!

The Dawn Soliloquy August 15th 03 11:34 PM

I didn't think most people fixed stable BFOs?

In article . net, Loopfan
wrote:
I recently picked up a Sony ICF-SW55, and like my 7600gr, it has a
slight amount of instability when using ssb. It's not too bad for
occasional use.

Has anyone come up with a mod for these Sony's to tighten up the bfo?

Thanks!

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

Stephan Grossklass August 16th 03 08:33 PM

Loopfan schrieb:

I recently picked up a Sony ICF-SW55, and like my 7600gr, it has a
slight amount of instability when using ssb. It's not too bad for
occasional use.

Let me guess: It preferably does this on the upper bands (15 and
particularly 10 meters) and with strong stations? That's what it's like
on my 7600G.

Has anyone come up with a mod for these Sony's to tighten up the bfo?

Never heard of anything like that, unfortunately. Too bad, I rather like
the little Sony (hard to beat for bedside listening).

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 256 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W