Old August 21st 03, 12:57 PM
John Fallows

Default WELLBROOKE ALA1530

Dale, I tried to find that design you referenced on the technology.
fanshawec.on.ca web site, but cannot find that site. Can you point me to
the design?
73 John

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message

LMHODNETT wrote:

HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE IN USE OF THE WELLBROOK ALA1530 ANTENNA

STATESIDE?
I'VE READ SEVERAL REVIEWS ON THE ANTENNA, BUT THEY ALL COME FROM EUROPE.

THE
ANTENNA REVIEWS VERY WELL AND I COULD USE ONE THAT IS SMALLL LIKE IT AND

LOW
NOISE, BUT I AM CONCERNED ABOUT ITS ABILITY TO RECEIVE SIGNALS OTHER

THAN
RATHER POWERFUL BROADCAST STATIONS.
THANKS FOR ANYONES COMMENTS AND ADVISE.

LARRY

PLEASE E-MAIL TO

I built my own and was very impressed with its LW and MW performance- in

fact
right up through 15 MHz (whee I had designed the balanced preamp to

rolloff). I
have since gone to a 7' shielded loop + preamp to further enhance LF, but

the 1
meter loop beat the pants off my random wire and active whip.
These are extremely easy to build if you don't live in a hi RF

environment, and
only moderately difficult to build if you are in a hi RF environment.
I posted the pix links before, but here they are again for those that may

have
missed them:

http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010023.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010024.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010025.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010026.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010027.JPG
http://www.parelectronics.com/pics_new/P1010028.JPG

Total cost from my well heeled junk box was around $10 or so for the

connectors
as I recall.

Dale W4OP

Old August 22nd 03, 03:27 AM
Dale Parfitt

John Fallows wrote:

Dale, I tried to find that design you referenced on the technology.
fanshawec.on.ca web site, but cannot find that site. Can you point me to
the design?
73 John

Try this. Worked last night:
http://technology.fanshawec.ca/tele410/