RadioBanter

-   -   Propagation Gone Wild.... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37854-propagation-gone-wild.html)

Kim Roland August 23rd 03 04:20 AM

Propagation Gone Wild....

Is this the picture of what has made all my radios sound so bad this
past week?? http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page229.html Waiting
for winter for some better DX.

donut August 23rd 03 08:26 AM

(Kim Roland) wrote in
om:

Waiting
for winter for some better DX.

Depends on what bands your using. MW has seen some nice LA and SA openings
due to this aurora.

Gregg August 23rd 03 01:04 PM

Very wierd bands tonight. Things were pretty good until 0200PDT then
POOF! The whole place went dead (sans jammers of course).

--
Gregg
*Perhaps it's useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Diverd4777 August 23rd 03 01:11 PM

everything opened up last night at ~00:00 Zulu..
was getting Maine ( 7.415)
& Radio New Zealand..(17.675)

In article , donut writes:

(Kim Roland) wrote in
. com:

Warpcore August 23rd 03 03:41 PM

Hello,
Listening this morning I heard some "risers" that came on very suddenly ,
grew in strength and rose in pitch until there was a complete fade out and
then descended in pitch and faded out with reception returning to what it
had been. Very eerie. I think these are caused by lightening, but I never
heard of risers wiping out everything, so don't know what it was really. It
happened on 6.035 13:30 utc Yunnan BC Station, Kunming China.Later heard
same thing 6.065 13:52 utc R. Tampa, Tokyo .

Gregg August 24th 03 05:37 AM

Behold, Warpcore signaled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Hello,
Listening this morning I heard some "risers"....

You mean, sounds similar to VLF "whistlers"?

If so, holy tomalies, we have an active ionisphere!

Gregg August 24th 03 05:43 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention a neat phenomenon - when SW goes dead, head for
LF in the NDB band of 200-410KHz and the LowFER band from 160-190KHz...
things are hoppin' like it's mid-winter.

dxlover September 1st 03 05:20 AM

Yeah, wierd. As stated in my other post, things died like someone turned
off a switch. Then a couple of hours later, it was back like a switch
going on :-\

It's called 'H.A.A.R.P.' ;-)

**partly kidding but partly seriuos also.

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***