RadioBanter

-   -   Mark Harper battery replace (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37864-re-re-mark-harper-battery-replace.html)

justtis August 24th 03 12:41 PM

Mark Harper battery replace

Here goes!
The 3 volt lithium cell, about the size of a nickel, is just under the tin
shield which is on the back of the display panel. REMOVE THE POWER CORD
before proceding with the following!
1. Remove top and bottom case pieces.
2. Remove all 5 small Philips screws from the tin shield. (Two top, 3
bottom)
3. Remove all 4 Philips screws attaching the display panel to the chasis.
(Two each side)
4. Carefully lift the display panel forward enough that the shield can be
removed or pushed out of the way to gain access to the lithium cell. NOTE
placement of wires/cable through shield.
5. The cell is soldered to two pins which lie on either side of a 24-pin IC.
(IC50=MB8418-20LP-GRA)
NEG. on down side or left, and POS. on the top side or right.
6. Lithium cell # CL 2020
7. Its been recommended that the cell can be replaced by either two AAA or
AA cells wired in series and placed elsewhere in the set (more
accessible).
8. From the newsgroup the cell sells for about 2 to 3 dollars....Kenwood
says $6 plus postage..... here in Canada it sell for $25 plus 15%tax, plus
shipping (shipping? its the size of a nickel).
The part number I was given is WO9-0599-05

"justtis" wrote in message
I have the procedure if you still need it. Must be followed to the

letter!

Mark Harper August 24th 03 01:08 PM

Many thanks - shall see how this goes, and let you all know!