RadioBanter

-   -   Fight BPL (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37882-re-fight-bpl.html)

Warpcore August 25th 03 07:38 PM

Fight BPL

I was thinking about this BPL stuff:

(1) It seems to me it will cause horrendous interference on shortwave, and
maybe on police frequencies too.

(2) I don't have cable TV - I sniff out my "Enterprise" fix from an outdoor
antenna: don't think it will help the picture, as it is already subject to a
lot of intereference from everywhere.

(3) What will happen to a PC which you have to plug into a power plug ? Will
it interfere with connections to the internet ?

This Bill Tauzin, is he not also the one who decided all communications
scanners should be unable to receive cellular calls ?

Gregg August 25th 03 11:30 PM

Behold, Brenda Ann signaled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Actually, many countries that have tried BPL have shut it down. Japan
for instance first tried trapping the ham bands, then finally shut the
system down. I've heard the same of many European countries.

*pssssst*

(never underestimate the stupidity of the Yankee govt.)

--
Gregg
*Perhaps it's useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*