Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 26th 03, 01:05 AM
whertel

Default DRM, DAB and Digital Shortwave....what gives? I'm scared!

Always, always, always remember - Digital circuits are made from analog
parts!
"Judah Smith" wrote in message
om...
I stumbled across the DRM (Digital Radio Mungaloids -or something like
that)...website the other day....and started doing some net searches.
Then I discovered the DAB digital radio information. Is digital
shortwave going to replace the current analog technology? That would
suck. I just bought within the last year or so, a couple of great
shortwave recievers. I can't afford to upgrade! Does that mean all
my shortwave equipment will be a very expensive paper weight? I was
under the impression that perhaps the old analog receivers could still
receive the signal, and you could just plug a digital decoder into the
recording or headphone jack....then plug your headsphones into that to
hear the digital signal, while keeping your old equipment. Or do you
think most broadcasters with broadcast simul-casts of both digital and
analog? Is my old SW radio seeing its demise? After 80 some years
how can they just pull the pull on SW listeners. What about people in
3rd world countries that can't afford the upgrades? ....yikes....no
more DXing!

Am I just an analog listener in a digital world?