RadioBanter

-   -   Long Wire Antenna Question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/37933-re-long-wire-antenna-question.html)

[email protected] August 30th 03 01:53 AM

Long Wire Antenna Question

The "500 ohm" terminal would be the correct one.

If you were using an antenna that had a coaxial cable going to it then
you'd use the "50 ohm" terminal and a "GND" terminal.

If there is a "GND" or "Ground" third connection an earth ground or
metal cold water pipe ground will improve your reception greatly.

On 29 Aug 2003 17:04:27 -0700, (Mike M.) wrote:

Hi,
I use a Kenwood R-5000 for Dx listening and I am connecting a long
wire antenna to it. I have two screws on the back labeled "50 Ohm"
and "500 ohm"under "Antenna 1"
The omega letter is next to the number and I am assuming it stands for
Ohms.
Which is the proper place to connect the long wire antenna?
Thank you
Mike