RadioBanter

-   -   help -- grundig majestic radio & shortwave reception (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38132-help-grundig-majestic-radio-shortwave-reception.html)

Bill Barol September 12th 03 04:53 AM

help -- grundig majestic radio & shortwave reception

hello -- I've scoured the google archives and haven't come up with an answer
to this question; if it's been asked and answered, apologies. I've just
acquired a grundic majestic 3095 (ca. 1956), and the design and FM reception
and overall sound are pretty magnificent. as far as SW reception goes, it's
not so great. I'm not a SW aficionado or a wirehead but I'd like to improve
the reception on these bands if possible. the set has a jack in the back
for antenna and ground, with two approx. 1/4-inch-diameter holes about an
inch apart. is there an off-the-rack antenna that will up my odds here?
does anybody even make one that fits these older sets anymore? thanks in
advance for any advice.

bb

Frank Dresser September 13th 03 04:38 AM

"Bill Barol" wrote in message
. ..
thanks very much!

bb

You're welcome!

By the way, most of our listening is limited more by our antennas than by
the qualities of our radios. If you enjoy the hobby, you might want to try
outdoor antennas, coax, baluns, grounding, etc. It can get complex. But
there's help here on this group!

Frank Dresser