RadioBanter

-   -   Well, there goes the AM band. Bell returns (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38226-well-there-goes-am-band-bell-returns.html)

Radioman390 September 17th 03 12:35 PM

Well, there goes the AM band. Bell returns

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2003/09/16.html#art

MJC September 17th 03 03:50 PM

So?
There's LOT'S of other AM broadcasts to listen to so just don't listen.
Personally, I missed him because of the off-the-wall stuff he came up with.

MJC

CW September 17th 03 08:48 PM

Did that surprise you?

RHF September 17th 03 09:05 PM

RadioMan390,

While Art Bell is OK, a nightly diet of Art for me is generally too
much !

Having Art on the Weekends may be nice and a change from George Noore
on the weekdays.

But I always enjoyed Whitley Strieber's "DreamLand"
GoTo= http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/

Unknown Country - Daily News of the Edge !
GoTo= http://www.unknowncountry.com/

~ RHF
..
..
= = = (Radioman390)

radiok3pi September 17th 03 10:54 PM

No one can do a CCRadio commercial like Art.
Those are a work of art (pun kinda intended)

Frank Dresser September 18th 03 02:50 PM

"TommyBoy" wrote in message
om...

No kidding. While I appreciate his professional presentation I am
forced to see how seriously he treats the many dumbass
conspiracy/kooky nut jobs he has as callers and guets. He treats the
**** like gold, as one poster once said, and he treats gold like ****
too.

In the end, he's damn boring for anyone with an active mind that can
sort crap from fact.

I think that's the most fun! Art's show isn't a science class. It's a BS
class!

Frank Dresser

dxlover September 18th 03 09:45 PM

Glad to hear that Art is back, great news! :-D

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***

starman September 18th 03 10:15 PM

Frank Dresser wrote:

"TommyBoy" wrote in message
om...

No kidding. While I appreciate his professional presentation I am
forced to see how seriously he treats the many dumbass
conspiracy/kooky nut jobs he has as callers and guets. He treats the
**** like gold, as one poster once said, and he treats gold like ****
too.

In the end, he's damn boring for anyone with an active mind that can
sort crap from fact.

I think that's the most fun! Art's show isn't a science class. It's a BS
class!

The 'BS' extends to his advertisers too, like the C. Crane radio and
Sangean-909 being "the best AM and shortwave radios (respectively) you
can buy." (paraphrasing)

Frank Dresser September 18th 03 11:59 PM

"starman" wrote in message

The 'BS' extends to his advertisers too, like the C. Crane radio and
Sangean-909 being "the best AM and shortwave radios (respectively) you
can buy." (paraphrasing)

How about those magnets you could stick on your water pipes which would fix
up your water good, and keep you healthy?

Frank Dresser

Michael September 19th 03 12:03 AM

LOL...

Will there be any shortwave stations broadcasting his show ????

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.