RadioBanter

-   -   Alan Weiner says we all need tubes (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38360-alan-weiner-says-we-all-need-tubes.html)

mike September 26th 03 10:31 PM

Alan Weiner says we all need tubes

In case of Nuclear war and the EMP effects wipes out our transistors.

(Otherwise those HAMS who survive may not be able to communicate)

Diverd4777 September 26th 03 11:25 PM

In article , mike
writes:

In case of Nuclear war and the EMP effects wipes out our transistors.

(Otherwise those HAMS who survive may not be able to communicate)

- then again, In case of Nuclear war, your screwed even if you have tubes...

Gregg September 27th 03 01:27 AM

Pffffft! We on rec.audio.tubes have been tellin' ya all that for years ;-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*