RadioBanter

-   -   Headline from the news: 3-G Cellphones dangerous (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38419-headline-news-3-g-cellphones-dangerous.html)

Radioman390 October 1st 03 12:25 AM

Headline from the news: 3-G Cellphones dangerous

Study: New Cell Phones Can Cause Nausea, Headache
Radio signals for the next generation of mobile phones can cause headaches and
nausea, according to a first-ever study on the impact of data networks on
health.

Do a search at www.news.google.com

It's up on Drudge too, here it is:

http://www.reuters.com/printerFriend... ryID=3534786

WShoots1 October 1st 03 05:38 AM

I dunno... 3 Gigs is 10 cm, the range in which long range mobile radar
operates.

In my 55+ years of work on comm and nav gear; land, sea, and air; military and
civilian, I've worked from lab to factory to field on everything from dc to
light. I'd never felt anything except when standing close to the transmitting
antennas, and then only in the microwaves from 3 GHz and up. And then only with
relatively high power in the kilowatts peak.

Bill, K5BY

Tom Sevart October 1st 03 04:27 PM

"Radioman390" wrote in message
Study: New Cell Phones Can Cause Nausea, Headache
Radio signals for the next generation of mobile phones can cause headaches

and
nausea, according to a first-ever study on the impact of data networks on
health.

Actually, cell phones can cause high blood pressure & irratibility. Not to
the users, but to other drivers & people around them in movie theaters.

Tom