RadioBanter

-   -   "Passport 2004" deals? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38432-%22passport-2004%22-deals.html)

[email protected] October 1st 03 09:35 PM

"Passport 2004" deals?

About this time last year I got "Passport 2003" for about $12 (free
shipping) from buy.com

Any good deals out there on Passport 2004?

Art Harris

Llgpt October 2nd 03 12:58 AM

Subject: "Passport 2004" deals?
From: "Joe Strain"
Date: 10/1/2003 4:38 PM Central Daylight Time
It's not released for distribution till December, right?

Yodar
wrote in message
. com...
About this time last year I got "Passport 2003" for about $12 (free
shipping) from buy.com

Any good deals out there on Passport 2004?

Art Harris

It will be available late October.

Andre October 2nd 03 10:05 AM

It will be available late October.

Tell me what's cooking inside for the 2004 Passport to World Band
Radio? If there is improvement and new updates on the publication, I
will place an order. But if there is no improvement or no changes on
the publication, Larry Magne of Passport to World Band Radio can keep
his book and I will keep my dollar on my pocket.

Andre

[email protected] October 2nd 03 08:23 PM

"Joe Strain"
It's not released for distribution till December, right?

I think it actually comes out in late October. But several places are
accepting "pre-publication" orders.

Art

White Bufallo October 5th 03 04:09 AM

I think it actually comes out in late October. But several places are
accepting "pre-publication" orders.

Art,

Larry Magne is not only selling his book in the United States of
America alone but to the rest of the world, he should consider if he
makes a price increase it affects prices in other world currencies,
especially in third world countries like South America, Africa and
Asia. They will find difficult to purchase that book in their own
money currencies. They have to purchase more U.S. dollar to import
that book even it is a used or old copies.
So I will not place an advanced order of the 2004 edition of
Passport to World Band Radio book without examining first the
contents, especially with the price increase to $22.95. I rather just
wait for the bargain sale.

White Bufallo

maryanne kehoe October 6th 03 07:20 AM

I think Grove Enterprises is taking pre-orders (with free shipping) till
end of October.

the captain October 6th 03 07:46 PM

AHOY LAD !

who stuck an old barnacled anchor up your ass ???

this is america, land where we are free to talk as we wish. your comment
added nothing to anything.

next time take the trusty ol anchor and stick it in your mouth !

Cap

Mitchell Regenbogen wrote:
I've never seen such a stink being made over $3. Most people who buy the
book are using hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of rigs. Reading
some of these complaints and "analysis" you'd think the guy raised it from
$20 to $50. If you don't want to spend the extra $3, then don't buy the
damn book. Just shut the hell up already... :-)

Mitchell Regenbogen October 7th 03 12:36 AM

I understand that, but I never thought of the worldwide shortwave radio
hobbyist as being particularly oppressed. If that extra $3 will take
food out of their babies' mouths, they should pass on the book, and just
use a little more of the scanning capability of their receivers.

(White Bufallo) wrote in
om: