RadioBanter

-   -   Anybody have paperwork for the mighty Hallicrafters S-200 Legionnaire (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38453-anybody-have-paperwork-mighty-hallicrafters-s-200-legionnaire.html)

Larry Ozarow October 2nd 03 10:36 PM

Anybody have paperwork for the mighty Hallicrafters S-200 Legionnaire

Hi, I just got one of these. It is MW+four spread shortwave bands.
Late model four tube, very low-end. There doesn't seem to be a
Photofact for this model.

Thanks

Larry

Gregg October 2nd 03 10:42 PM

Try http://bama.sbc.edu

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Larry Ozarow October 2nd 03 10:56 PM

Thanks, but I checked there already. They have the
S-120 which is general coverage and has the same
tube complement. I haven't downloaded that yet - I haven't
been able to download from there reliably for a few days.
It's probably pretty much the same, except for the front-end
but it would be nice not to have to use trial and error on the
coils.

Gregg wrote:
Try http://bama.sbc.edu

Spurious Noise October 2nd 03 11:04 PM

If no one comes forward -- W7FG has a manual for the S-200 -- $17
http://www.w7fg.com/manual.txt
Other vendors to check at URL:
http://ac6v.com/manuals.htm

--
73 From the Spurious Noise ';';;';x":.,";"'

Gregg October 3rd 03 12:27 AM

Behold, Larry Ozarow signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

I haven't downloaded
that yet - I haven't been able to download from there reliably for a few
days.

Their server has been having issues with browsers trying to download from
there. Use an FTP program and you'll get right in :-)

Larry Ozarow October 3rd 03 01:14 AM

I've been trying both ways. With browsers I just get empty
pages at the payoff, and with ftp clients it kicks me out
with the "maximum number of anonymouses" message. Since it's an
edu machine I just figured all the college kids were back tweaking
up their boatanchors.

Frank Dresser October 3rd 03 01:51 AM

"Larry Ozarow" wrote in message
Thanks, but I checked there already. They have the
S-120 which is general coverage and has the same
tube complement. I haven't downloaded that yet - I haven't
been able to download from there reliably for a few days.
It's probably pretty much the same, except for the front-end
but it would be nice not to have to use trial and error on the
coils.

Gregg wrote:
Try http://bama.sbc.edu

I've got the BAMA S-120 manual, which I downloaded for my SW-500. So if you
don't get a manual right away, just e-mail me, and I'll send it over.

Or you could wing it. I just finished cleaning and recapping and
redialcording and realigning a S-53. Couldn't find a manual, so I just went
in. Came out fine.

Frank Dresser

Radioman390 October 3rd 03 02:25 AM

Anybody have paperwork for the mighty Hallicrafters S-200 Legionnaire

This is where the phrase Legionaire's Disease came from.
You have it but can't fix it, and there's little in the medical literature
about it.

Larry Ozarow October 3rd 03 03:42 AM

Frank,

Thanks. I finally did get in and download it and it is
the same chassis. Once I recap it and
put in a rectifier (there's a rarity for ya, a bad selenium
rectifier), I'll just have to fiddle with the coils. It's
a pretty simple radio.

Anyone happen to notice that cool Guthman radio that sold on E-bay today?