RadioBanter

-   -   dxing (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38459-dxing.html)

nospam October 3rd 03 01:45 AM

dxing

what is Dxing?

--

Extreme Liberalism is a mental disorder --"Michael Savage"
May we save our great country from despots?

N8KDV October 3rd 03 01:45 AM

nospam wrote:

what is Dxing?

A form of fun and excitement.

http://www.dxing.com/

mike October 3rd 03 03:21 AM

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:45:32 -0700, "nospam" wrote:

Extreme Liberalism is a mental disorder --"Michael Savage"
May we save our great country from despots?

Not so ironically, Liberals dont really hate anyone. They think its ok
to have your own opinion. However, It's a shame the extreme right
wingers such as Michael Savage dont feel the same way. What is the
liberal media coming to?

mike

Spurious Noise October 3rd 03 04:10 PM

DX definition from Funk and Wagnall Encyclopedia = distance

So for SWLing it is the pursuit of listening for distant radio stations --
usually outside of ones own country.
See SWL Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) at URL:
http://ac6v.com/swl.htm#FAQ

Part of the pursuit is to record (log) the time, frequency, signal quality
and program content -- then send a report to the station heard in hopes of
receiving a card back confirming your report -- this is termed QSLing -- a
Ham radio term meaning -- acknowledge receipt. For SWL QSLing -- See URL:
http://ac6v.com/swl.htm#QSLF

In Ham radio DXing is a 2-way contact with a foreign station and QSLing is
sought after for various Awards.

--
73 From the Spurious Noise ';';;';x":.,";"'
------------------------------
"nospam" wrote in message ...
what is Dxing?

Warpcore October 3rd 03 04:49 PM

For me DXing is looking for stations I have not heard before, and trying to
identify who they are. I also have a piece of foam board onto which is taped
a world map. I put a stick pin in the city where signals originate. So for
instance, Alice Springs in Australia has pin, and Brasilia in Brazil and so
on. For variety I use different colored pins. By now there is a forest of
them s. I never got interested in actually sending in reports to the
stations.
"nospam" wrote in message ...
what is Dxing?