Old October 24th 03, 05:05 AM
CheeseinChina

Default World Series on SW?

I recently moved to China from the US. I miss watching the World
Series. Does anyone know if I can listen on SW? I just bought a
"TecSun" receiver and would like to try.

thanks,

John Millstead

Old October 24th 03, 06:41 AM
Tom Sevart

"CheeseinChina" wrote in message
om...
I recently moved to China from the US. I miss watching the World
Series. Does anyone know if I can listen on SW? I just bought a
"TecSun" receiver and would like to try.

You probably won't hear the World Series on shortwave, mostly because
shortwave broadcasters don't want to bother getting the express written
consent of major league baseball.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc

Old October 24th 03, 06:58 AM
Brenda Ann

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

"CheeseinChina" wrote in message
om...
I recently moved to China from the US. I miss watching the World
Series. Does anyone know if I can listen on SW? I just bought a
"TecSun" receiver and would like to try.

You probably won't hear the World Series on shortwave, mostly because
shortwave broadcasters don't want to bother getting the express written
consent of major league baseball.

Try the Pacific feeds for AFRTS..

Old October 24th 03, 09:24 AM
N8KDV

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

"CheeseinChina" wrote in message
om...
I recently moved to China from the US. I miss watching the World
Series. Does anyone know if I can listen on SW? I just bought a
"TecSun" receiver and would like to try.

You probably won't hear the World Series on shortwave, mostly because
shortwave broadcasters don't want to bother getting the express written
consent of major league baseball.

Try the Pacific feeds for AFRTS..

Yes, as I recall they broadcast some World Series stuff a few years ago. The
frequencies are he

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old October 26th 03, 07:15 AM
dxlover

Try the Pacific feeds for AFRTS

Indeed Brenda Ann, little late now though. :-) Congrats out to the Marlins
and their fans, it was a great series.

--
^~^~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~^~^~^
*********Hammarlund129X & 140X**********

Old October 24th 03, 06:37 PM
Rob R.

You can listen to it in Spanish...at least I was able to on the west
coast...not sure what station it was though...if Spanish works for you, just
dial around the bands when the game is scheduled and see what you can
hear....I heard it in Spanish on two different frequencies....RR

Old October 24th 03, 09:07 PM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

I heard the Spanish broadcast last night too.
+++++++++++++++++
k.net...

Old October 25th 03, 09:42 AM
Brenda Ann

I'm located in Yokosuka, Japan and use these freqs for AFRTS: early
evening to sunrise: 5765, day 13362. They had the game on during the
playoffs once, so I'm not 100 percent that they will broadcast game 6
(Go Fish!). Good luck.

Didn't they run the games on AFN-Kanto Plain 810 KHz? That station is 50,000
watts, and seems to cover a very large area of Japan.. I know I had no
problem hearing it on my pocket transistor radio in Narita, Tokyo, Mt. Fuji,
Mt. Mitake, or Yokohama..

Old October 26th 03, 03:34 AM
D. Kim

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
Didn't they run the games on AFN-Kanto Plain 810 KHz?

They sure did, Eagle 810. Was trying to help out John M. in China.

World series prediction DR. Death CB 10 October 28th 04 04:45 AM
Baseball's World Series live on BBC Radio Five Live Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 23rd 04 10:19 PM
Radio World NewsBytes Weekly Digest lsmyer Broadcasting 0 May 21st 04 04:54 PM
"THE WORLD MADE YOU NUMBER ONE AND NOW IT'S TIME TO GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD" White Bufallo Shortwave 16 November 1st 03 04:30 AM