Old October 27th 03, 05:58 PM
Mike Maghakian

Default DX-394 portable for pre-sale

I am building a portable DX-394. if you are interested, there is still
time to customize it. the price is $225 plus shipping. it will work
off INTERNAL AA batteries or a wall wart. now you can take it to the
park !!

email me at . prepayment is required to weed
out game players.
Old October 27th 03, 08:32 PM
CW

If I wanted to take something to the park, I would put that $225.00 into a
good portable. At that price point, a portable that will far outperform the
394 can be had.

om...

Old October 28th 03, 03:02 AM
dxlover

If I wanted to take something to the park, I would put that $225.00 into a
good portable. At that price point, a portable that will far outperform

the
394 can be had.

Now you don't know that 'for sure' CW. ;-)

--
^~^~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~^~^~^
*********Hammarlund129X & 140X**********

Old October 31st 03, 07:56 PM
the captain

Ahoy Mr. CW, you speak as one with much knowledge. the captain yearns
for knowledge like the sea yearns to swallow the land !

please give me a review !

1) radios you have tested
2) comparative results of each radio vs the modified 394
3) overall conclusion to back up these bold statements

Don't let me down lad ! Don't be like the greatr ocean sunfish that is
large and imposing but has no bite and is a but a great bluff !

someone of your great experience should be able to stroke it out in no time.

thanks,

the yearning captain !

Just being honest.

"CW" wrote in message

If I wanted to take something to the park, I would put that $225.00 into

good portable. At that price point, a portable that will far outperform

the

394 can be had.

e.com...

Old November 3rd 03, 09:08 PM
the captain

MR. CW,

I haven't seen anything backing up your claims on the DX-394, this makes
the captain think you are a blowhard, blasting hot air out like the
massive whales of the sea. Don't let me think you were full of it when
you said you knew about the DX-394.

Where the captain is from, the show of the sword has to be backed by a
duel if the bluff was called.

CW,, show the captain your sword !!!

the captain wrote:

Ahoy Mr. CW, you speak as one with much knowledge. the captain yearns
for knowledge like the sea yearns to swallow the land !

please give me a review !

1) radios you have tested
2) comparative results of each radio vs the modified 394
3) overall conclusion to back up these bold statements

Don't let me down lad ! Don't be like the greatr ocean sunfish that is
large and imposing but has no bite and is a but a great bluff !

someone of your great experience should be able to stroke it out in no
time.

thanks,

the yearning captain !

Just being honest.

Old October 28th 03, 12:14 AM
Clete

Well, I've got the 394, I've got the 392, and I've got the 398...The dx-394
seems to perform better(after the mods) than the portables do. I wonder if
he chose AA size cells because that was the largest to fit inside? I've
been throwing an idea around in my mind lately, and that was to put together
some sort of D battery sized external power pack for my dx-398...Imagine the
battery life with that!

Clete

. ..

Old October 28th 03, 05:19 PM
radiok3pi

It is really easy to do. I built one for my DX398 a while back. Less
than $10 in parts at RS. Works great. For a little more portability
you could also build a C cell power pack.

Russ K3Pi

Old October 28th 03, 08:15 PM
Mike Maghakian

Yes AA's were chosen for fitting inside and also because I can get
2100 NiMH's so cheap, battery life is about 10 hours, and of course
one can use the wall wart for home operation.

pictures and details are on the Yahoo DX-394 group. the one featured
is my personal P(ortable) unit, the prototype. the one I am selling
will be more advanced and "polished"