RadioBanter

-   -   Need Help Pleas - Sony ICF-SW100 Does not power on (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/38925-need-help-pleas-sony-icf-sw100-does-not-power.html)

Ari October 31st 03 02:26 PM

Need Help Pleas - Sony ICF-SW100 Does not power on

Hey All

I install the batteries and get display of:

LONDON

[flashing] 000

Any idea? Help appreciated

Best

Ari

Stephan Grossklass October 31st 03 04:03 PM

Ari schrieb:

Hey All

I install the batteries and get display of:

LONDON

[flashing] 000

Any idea? Help appreciated

If the radio does not power on when you press the respective button
(BTW: does setting the time work?), it's probably the infamous ribbon
cable that has failed. Pre-1997 models are particularly prone to this.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 448 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W

Igor Gros November 17th 03 09:47 AM

Install a pair of good alkaline baterries.
Press a resset button on the bottom plate.
Press an ON/OFF button and if you can not use a tunning butons
than ribbon cable inside the radio is defect.
Look at:
http://www.tesp.com/SW100FAQ.htm

Steve Silverwood November 25th 03 09:04 AM

In article ,
says...
If the radio does not power on when you press the respective button
(BTW: does setting the time work?), it's probably the infamous ribbon
cable that has failed. Pre-1997 models are particularly prone to this.

I'm thinking about getting one of these, but I'm curious now that you've
mentioned it: how do you tell if a particular receiver is pre-1997 or
not?

Also, is there a provision for loading up the memories via computer, or
does it all have to be done by hand (frequencies and text labeling of
presets)?

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

Web:
http://home.earthlink.net/~kb6ojs_steve

Chris Malcolm November 26th 03 02:22 PM

Steve Silverwood writes:

In article ,
says...

If the radio does not power on when you press the respective button
(BTW: does setting the time work?), it's probably the infamous ribbon
cable that has failed. Pre-1997 models are particularly prone to this.

I'm thinking about getting one of these, but I'm curious now that you've
mentioned it: how do you tell if a particular receiver is pre-1997 or
not?

Post-1997 models, i.e., with the ribbon cable fix, have a different
hinge. The pre-1997 hinge is a continuous solid plastic tube in
between the two halves of the clam shell. The post-1997 hinge has a
slot about 1cm wide near the right hand end of the hinge tube, which
is where the cable is routed.

Also, is there a provision for loading up the memories via computer, or
does it all have to be done by hand (frequencies and text labeling of
presets)?

Hand.
--
Chris Malcolm
+44 (0)131 651 3445 DoD #205

Steve Silverwood December 1st 03 06:03 AM

In article ,
says...
Also, is there a provision for loading up the memories via computer, or
does it all have to be done by hand (frequencies and text labeling of
presets)?

Hand.

Bummer. It sure would be nice to be able to upload a batch of presets
with a couple of mouse clicks....

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

Please visit the following sites:

American Shortwave Listening Club (ASWLC)

Southern California Area DXers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scads