RadioBanter

-   -   Yaesu FRDX-400 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39028-yaesu-frdx-400-a.html)

Benjamaniac November 6th 03 05:10 AM

Yaesu FRDX-400

Thinking about picking up a Yaesu FRDX-400. Anybody got any opinions
or thoughts on this one ??
Ben

Tom Holden November 8th 03 04:19 AM

Benjamaniac wrote:
Thinking about picking up a Yaesu FRDX-400. Anybody
got any opinions or thoughts on this one ??
Ben

I have one stowed away that I would love to resurrect from storage next to
the furnace when I get the time and space. Haven't used it in 10 years,
maybe longer. My recollection was that it was a pretty good receiver and
certainly impressive looking. I have the matching transmitter and it gave me
problems with inadequate drive from the SSB modulator.

Here are some links about Yaesu history and Sommerkamp:
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~gfs/yaesu/Yaesu1.htm (Australian)
http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/yaesu/page8.html (French)
http://www.yaesu-museum.de/ (German)
http://www.k7on.com/boats/foxtango/foxtango.htm (American - bottom of page)
Mr. Sommerkamp was the exclusive distributor of Yaesu Musen products in
Germany and rebranded them. My equipment is branded Yaesu Musen Co.

There are not many hits on a Google search -
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&lr...29&sa=N&tab=gw

I guess there cannot be that many out there but I have had contact with a
guy who is passionate about the 400 series and restores them.

Tom