Old November 27th 03, 02:32 AM
Midwest Kid

wrote in message ...
Some of us are licensed ham
and enjoy our hobby as you do. Just because we move into a new home in a

new area why should we give up the hobby we so enjoy? We shouldn't have
too.

I collect junk Hondas (to sell parts and repair them at a garage) and need
my yard to store them on. I shouldn't have to give that up just because I
move into a new home in a new area. Why should I have to give up the hobby
I so enjoy? I souldn't have too!!!!!!

Old November 27th 03, 02:33 AM
Midwest Kid

"WilleeCue" wrote in message

I would be looking at a rual area where there is lots of trees to hang

wire
from and lots of ground to plant towers.

How dare anyone be forced to have to drive 20 miles to Wal-mart or nice
restaurants to eat!!

Old November 27th 03, 02:49 AM
Midwest Kid

"Clint" rattlehead at computron dot net wrote in message

I recommend more hams doing this if thier home owner
gods become assholes as well.

So punish your friendly neighbors because some panel of 5 or so people are
dicks? When you come to my door after causing your interference to borrow a
tool, you'll get a big "**** OFF COCK SUCKER!!" Being an asshole to people
who didn't have anything to do with some busy body two streets over
shouldn't get treated like this. Anyone who does this to me will just mean
constant complaints to the FCC. The immediate cessation of my kids being
able to even look at your kids. Not helping you in any way shape or form.
The list goes on and on. If anyone here has a ham who acts like this, form
a "**** you!" circle of like neighbors (those of us who didn't complain, etc
about the tower) and treat the ham like the ass he/she is. Then in 10 years
when the for sale sign goes up, remember to kindly give the finger to anyone
stopping by to look at the house. Also it might be time to start the junk
car collection. Keep proof that the home owners association allows for
rules to be bent. Then pool money for a lawyer saying that since they allow
for x, y, and z they damn sure are going to allow for a, b, and c.

Old November 27th 03, 03:02 AM
Jack

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 01:18:09 GMT, "CW"
wrote:

Anytime I hear that statement I just right of the person saying it as an
idiot. I haven't been wrong on that one yet.

Hehehe... You never truly own a home. Even when the mortgage is
finally paid off, all you've done is paid off the bank. Now that you
officially "own" your home, just try not paying the taxes, insurance
or garbage pickup / snowplowing fees. See how long you own it for...

BTW, I just love those artificial municipal fees... I was forced to
pay $150 per year for snow plowing fees in a community where it snowed
maybe once or twice a year and usually not more than an inch at most!
Most years they never plowed a single road. My particular street
NEVER saw a snow plow in the 20 years my family lived there.

At least there wasn't an HOA or covenants to deal with. I could have
a rooftop antenna. In fact even after several neighbors put up
antennas (total: 2 CB'ers, several houses with vhf/uhf TV antennas,
and myself with a several vhf/uhf Yagi's and a SWL random-wire running
the length of the roof), our assessments continued to rise, not go
down. My chain-link fence actually made my home more valuable when I
sold it a decade ago, though that was probably just a quirk of the
buyer. g

-jack-

"WilleeCue" wrote in message
. ..
The great American spoof is "home ownership".
If you ever think you really "own" your home just stop paying money for it
and see what happens!

--
Spam email harvestbot foiler tactics in use!
Email replies to:

n2hqc
(AT)
earthlink
(DOT)
net
Old November 27th 03, 03:22 AM
Midwest Kid

"Jack" wrote in message

You are perfectly welcome to closed-communities, HOA's and
restrictions on what you can do with what you own.

I agree with your assessment of HOAs. They are usually worse that the
government with all their rules and regulations. However, I also find it
sickening that grown adults will enter into a contract and then whine about
not being able to violate the contract. With covenants, the rules are not
weighted. They are all equal. If someone put up an antenna and I or
someone else complained and they made an 'exception', then I would quit
cutting my grass and get a lawyer (if I had too) for my exception. I think
many of these problems come from areas where housing costs to damn much. I
live in the Indy area. Rural homes can be had for $100K for decent to $140K
and you can get a lot of that. The only thing is that you will have to
drive 10 miles to a mall and restaurants. That is why a lot of people
complain because they want to have their cake and eat it too. If every
addition in the yuppie suburban county near 'x' city has covenants....DO NOT
LIVE THERE!! If ham and short-wave is that important in your life, get a
Honda and just put up with the extra 10 miles you have to drive to work. I
have been living semi-rural for all my life. This area is getting more and
more homes in. In my addition, an antenna would look stupid. I would put
cars on bricks just to get back at some idiot who did that (though I might
wait until the for sale sign goes up!!!). However, 1/4 mile away on some of
the older farm homes...antennas would be bad at all.

Old November 27th 03, 04:08 AM
WShoots1

In my unincorporated suburban community, I can put up anything I want on my 50w
x 75d lot. Common sense, though, tells me I should take into consideration the
funny winds we sometimes have and the 7700 volt lines running past the front
rear of my lot.

A 65-foot-long inverted vee (which I have for 40M) is near the practical limit.
Oh, and I could put up a 33-foot vertical that's safe.

Bill, K5BY
Old November 27th 03, 05:41 AM
Jack

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:22:55 GMT, "Midwest Kid"
wrote:

snip

have been living semi-rural for all my life. This area is getting more and
more homes in. In my addition, an antenna would look stupid. I would put
cars on bricks just to get back at some idiot who did that (though I might
wait until the for sale sign goes up!!!).

I take it that you don't have anti-antenna covenants in your
neighborhood. Why don't you simply move to a closed-gate community
where the antennas you don't like are restricted instead of being an a
total jerkazoid?

You want *other* people to abide by rules set by their communities but
you don't seem to be able to live even with your own rules. Damn
hypocrite, I say!

-jack-
Old November 27th 03, 11:33 AM
Midwest Kid

"Jack" wrote in message

You want *other* people to abide by rules set by their communities but
you don't seem to be able to live even with your own rules. Damn
hypocrite, I say!

There are no rules. If someone puts up a huge antenna in our
neighborhood....fine. I will then put up something that looks just as
stupid. Many of the people in my area who have huge antennas usually live
more rural and don't live in an addition. I am also only talking about
these super high antennas. A very small antenna wouldn't bother me too
much. Thing is that if I decided to make my yard an antenna field and put
about 3-4 high antennas on my roof to cover everything, then ham wouldn't
care. However, something tells me that if he/she had to sell their home
they would take down their antenna first and ask me to do the same if a
realtor said my antennas were driving potential buyers away. That's the
hypocrisy I don't like.

Old November 27th 03, 04:06 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Midwest Kid" wrote:

And why should people who don't want
antennas surround their house have to
move miles away? (snip)

Never met such a person.

Why should people who want to sit 3 cars
on blocks have to move miles away?

City ordanances often cover that situation - no CC&R or Homeowners
Association required.

(snip) That way I can see just how tall some
wild weeds can grow in my front yard. (snip)

City ordanances often cover that situation - no CC&R or Homeowners
Association required.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old November 27th 03, 04:17 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

I work as a Title Examiner, so this is right
up my alley. Many, many homeowners take
ownership of a property in "fee simple,
subject to reservations, easements, and
covenants of record, if any," and don't inform
themselves about what those reservations
(read: Restrictive Covenants) really are.
They're just words on a piece of paper, and
these contracturally obligating encumbrances
are effectuated by conveyance, in other words,
they have the power of the law, even though
they don't appear on the deed.

In other words, you have two pieces of paper:
The deed, which makes a glancing reference
to restrictions "if any," and the actual restrictions,
which are filed with the County Recorder or
Registrar of Titles. More people than you can
imagine are getting hoodwinked, Dennis. (snip)

You've got that right. A friend was even show a list of restrictions when
he purchased a house, only to be handed another list as he was moving in
(from the Homeowners Association). Most of the restrictions were the same,
but several more had been added. When he talked to his lawyer, he was told
the wording of the sale made those restrictions enforceable.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/