RadioBanter

-   -   FS: DX 398 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39430-fs-dx-398-a.html)

gil December 6th 03 02:45 PM

FS: DX 398

I have very nice in very good condition DX-398, stock, no mods with box,
case and manual.
I want $100. plus shipping (around 10 to 15 bucks)
Email me if interested....thanks

Gil N2WJW
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Ken Thomas December 6th 03 06:01 PM

If you're sending this radio anywhere from the US to another US
location then your 10 -15 dollar shipping is absolutely crazy. I have
that radio - I know the weight and went on UPS to calculate CONUS
shipping ground. And UPS insures to $100 automatically. You're
ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

Frank Dresser December 6th 03 08:16 PM

"Ken Thomas" wrote in message

If you're sending this radio anywhere from the US to another US
location then your 10 -15 dollar shipping is absolutely crazy. I have
that radio - I know the weight and went on UPS to calculate CONUS
shipping ground. And UPS insures to $100 automatically. You're
ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

So, why keep the weight and the shipping costs to yourself? Tell us!
Just how much crazy inflated profit will Gil be taking out of that
around 10 - 15 bucks?

And just how many of us fellow radio freaks will Gil be "ripping off" on
this radio sale?

But you have a point. If Gil decides to skip the "inflated shipping"
charge and sells his radio for $150, will you be buying it?

Frank Dresser

gil December 7th 03 12:43 AM

Amazing! I guess I should very carefully "watch" how I word my postings.
By the way Frank Dresser and "CW"...thanks for the support.

Why do I feel I have to explain myself is beyond me but here it goes....

ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

Thats funny!
I ship everything USPS Priority insured with tracking,
that I plan on ripping off someone when Im selling a DX398 for $100. not
knowing who will buy it and what state they are from, I really have no clue
as to how much shipping will be.
How did I come up with $10-$15 shipping? Is it too much? Maybe, I dont
know, I just came up with a round about number.
Besides, I think any "man" seriously interested in the radio will comunicate
with me tell me where they are located and we can just go on the USPS
website and figure out or negotiate the shipping cost....that simple,
period.

Gil

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply
nk.net...

Ken Thomas December 7th 03 01:38 AM

I don't have a problem with someone charging $115 for a 398 if that's
what they think it's worth. Just don't over inflate the shipping. I
think you'd even agree with that - huh, stupid?

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:32:27 GMT, "CW"
wrote:

Stupid rant. I suppose you might more easily comprehend if he just said
"$115 and free shipping".

.. .

[email protected] December 7th 03 01:49 AM

Gil...

Don't get all bent out of shape. Chances are that if you shipped the
radio, you'd pack it in a bigger box than what it comes in and the
cube also goes up. And of course, you probably paid a bit more for
that radio than you're asking, so how about depreciation?

I have a similar radio I was just about to put on eBay (A Sangean
ATS818cs) and I would not ship it in the original Sangean box, but
would bubble pack it in a larger box so it's double boxed. These guys
also forget that some of us have to drive 10-20 miles to a UPS
counter. Anyway, I was going to suggest $15 shipping & handling for
my radio too, but maybe I should just up the price and throw in free
shipping. Six of one, a half dozen of the other.

Mike

Ken Thomas December 7th 03 01:53 AM

wrote:

Amazing! I guess I should very carefully "watch" how I word my postings.
By the way Frank Dresser and "CW"...thanks for the support.

Why do I feel I have to explain myself is beyond me but here it goes....

snip..
you have to explain yourself because A) you were wrong to inflate
shipping and figure we're all stupid and B) because you are selling
the unit so explain away

ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

Thats funny!
I ship everything USPS Priority insured with tracking,
that I plan on ripping off someone when Im selling a DX398 for $100. not
knowing who will buy it and what state they are from, I really have no clue
as to how much shipping will be.

snip..
no clue on the shipping price?? you new enough to charge 10 to 15% of
the entire damn units price Alick

How did I come up with $10-$15 shipping? Is it too much? Maybe, I dont
know, I just came up with a round about number.

snip..
nice round number?? the difference between $10 and $15 is 50% my
freindy wendy... and you seem to be like most sales artists - rounding
means rounding UP..

Besides, I think any "man" seriously interested in the radio will comunicate
with me tell me where they are located and we can just go on the USPS
website and figure out or negotiate the shipping cost....that simple,
period.

Gil

If you had half a brain - you'd ship UPS in this case because it comes
with insurance ($100) and .. and you should know that the USPS
doesn't guarantee delivery date on your express package so UPS still
the better choice even using ground in a majority of cases. You do
need to sell your 398... you're too stupid to have one.

CW December 7th 03 02:00 AM

Here is the thought process of the NORMAL HUMAN BEING: "The price of the
radio is $100.00. The fee for shipping is $15.00. That radio will cost me
$115.00". Now, if he said "$115.00 with free shipping", would it cost you
any less?