RadioBanter

-   -   ARRL interest in tower restrictions (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39444-arrl-interest-tower-restrictions.html)

Bob December 7th 03 03:31 AM

ARRL interest in tower restrictions

Recently got a note on the ARRL reflector saying they're looking for
info on people having problems with zoning restrictions on tower
heights. Since my local twp restricts height to 30' and I'm fighting
that, I sent them a note.

Anyone know what they're doing with the info? Anyone having problems
now in SE PA with height restrictions?

Bob/WF3H
---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field

check my blog at:
http://www.bobview.blogspot.com/

Bill Hennessy December 7th 03 04:14 PM

Last I heard is that thay are trying to get a federal law passed.

Bill, N5NOB

Bob December 7th 03 07:08 PM

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:14:17 -0600, "Bill Hennessy"
wrote:

Last I heard is that thay are trying to get a federal law passed.

Bill, N5NOB

yeah they tried to get the FCC to rule about that in 1997. the FCC
merely re-packaged PRB 1 into RM 8763 and never mentioned heights at
all. sure would be nice if the FCC would defecate or de-commode.

The Ipecacuanha December 8th 03 01:47 AM

As far as I am concerned, a 50' max height is good enough.
Fifty feet and a triband beam is all you need to "work DX" with an
amplifier.
If my neighbor went an put up a 75' or 100' tower in his
yard I would report him to the Zoning Board (and I'm a SWL and
radio enthusiast for 17 years) I'd be worried a 100' thing would come
crashing down on my property in a storm.