RadioBanter

-   -   6956.8 Peruvian (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39644-6956-8-peruvian.html)

N8KDV December 18th 03 11:55 PM

6956.8 Peruvian

Radio La Voz del Campesino, Huarmaca, Peru, is putting in a decent
signal this evening with some enjoyable music on 6956.8. (Along with the
usual QRM...).

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

N8KDV December 19th 03 11:55 AM

Cuz, you'll have to brave the cold and move back east! Part of the reason that
you are not hearing what we in the east are hearing is because you are still
in daylight out there, while it is dark here.

On the other hand you've probably got a much better shot at targets out in the
Pacific region.

Dxluver December 20th 03 06:57 AM

Radio La Voz del Campesino, Huarmaca, Peru, is putting in a decent
signal this evening with some enjoyable music on 6956.8. (Along with the
usual QRM...).

Yep Steve, I've logged it either four or five times, I'd have to check. My
one log is 6957.1

I got just about all the QRM out with the Q Multiplier on the 129X, never
could get it on the 140X that doesn't have the 'Q.'

Did you use phones to hear it?

N8KDV December 20th 03 09:46 AM

Dxluver wrote:

Radio La Voz del Campesino, Huarmaca, Peru, is putting in a decent
signal this evening with some enjoyable music on 6956.8. (Along with the
usual QRM...).

Yep Steve, I've logged it either four or five times, I'd have to check. My
one log is 6957.1

I got just about all the QRM out with the Q Multiplier on the 129X, never
could get it on the 140X that doesn't have the 'Q.'

Did you use phones to hear it?

No, just listening on the speaker. It was enjoyable till it was obliterated by
the RTTY station.

Dxluver December 22nd 03 05:40 AM

Did you use phones to hear it?

No, just listening on the speaker. It was enjoyable till it was obliterated
by
the RTTY station.

It all depends on my mood. I know when I'm shoveling on 60 meters that I bring
out the phones ninety nine percent of the time.

I checked my log and the last time I heard that, I was using my phones.