RadioBanter

-   -   K1MAN (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39682-k1man.html)

Nobody You Know December 21st 03 02:59 AM

K1MAN

Sometimes I listen to the ARUFON (UFO) Net on 3977.7, as I did tonight. But lo
and behold, guess who's planted his fat ass on 3973.0? K1MAN ! The UFO net had
already started and K1MAN just opens up 4 khz away without any regard to
ongoing QSOs.

Where the hell is the FCC? Why is K1MAN still on the air?

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.

Nobody You Know December 21st 03 03:08 AM

I wrote:

K1MAN just opens up 4 khz away

oops, I meant 400 cycles.

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.

Nobody You Know December 21st 03 03:48 AM

wrote:

I have no love for the antics of K1MAN, but 4.7 khz is enough room to put 2
QSO's with modern 2.1 or 2.4 khz filters. If you can't separate two
stations almost 5 khz apart, then you need remedial tuning training.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Oh man, I'm sorry. I really messed up my original posting. K1MAN opened up on
3977.3 khz, only 400 cycles away from the ARUFON net on 3977.7 khz.

NOW do you see my point?

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.

willie December 22nd 03 12:15 AM

In article 7.aol.com, Nobody You Know wrote:
wrote:

I have no love for the antics of K1MAN, but 4.7 khz is enough room to put 2
QSO's with modern 2.1 or 2.4 khz filters. If you can't separate two
stations almost 5 khz apart, then you need remedial tuning training.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Oh man, I'm sorry. I really messed up my original posting. K1MAN opened up on
3977.3 khz, only 400 cycles away from the ARUFON net on 3977.7 khz.

NOW do you see my point?

oh, but don't you know? that's *HIS* frequency!

:-)