RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood radios (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/39842-kenwood-radios.html)

Activesignals.com December 30th 03 06:41 PM

Kenwood radios

Does Kenwood make a shortwave receiver anymore? I have a R-2000 a long
time ago and haven't heard of any new ones after the R-5000.
--
Have a day, Keep your radio on

www.activesignals.com for all listeners

Mark Harper December 30th 03 09:36 PM

In article ,
once wrote .......
Does Kenwood make a shortwave receiver anymore? I have a R-2000 a long
time ago and haven't heard of any new ones after the R-5000.

Nope - The R-5000 was the last Kenwood RX ever produced, and IIRC they
stopped making them in about 1994!

--
Mark (MW1MDH) - Ex R-2000 Owner!

RHF December 30th 03 11:28 PM

IAS (InfoActiveSignals),

The Kenwood R-5000 was the Last and the Best of the Kenwood Radio /
Receivers marketed and during its 'time' was a Bench Mark to compare
other General Communications Receivers to . . .

For those who are interested in the Kenwood R-5000 Communication
Receiver; take the time to Check-Out the "Kenwood R-5000
Communications Receiver"
eGroup on YAHOO !

More than 500 Messages Archived related to the Kenwood R-5000
Receiver and almost 300 Members (Kenwood R-5000 Radio Owners).

~ RHF
..
..
= = = (Activesignals.com)

R.F. Collins December 31st 03 12:06 AM

Kenwood makes receivers as long as you buy a transmitter too. They
make a TS570D transceiver that has an excellent general coverage
receiver with DSP and was a bargain at under 900 dollars earlier in
the year. I have used it for ham radio and its passband tuning (DSP
slope tune) is very effective at cutting out adjacent signals. They
also make a TS870 and TS2000.

It seems manufacturers have cut funding for shortwave receivers and
are only upgrading their transceiver lines. Icom for instance with its
new million yen IC-7800 unit. I have been waiting for JRC or TenTec to
upgrade their top of the line receivers. TenTec's new Orion
transceiver sounds awesome but the dual filter (analog roofing and
digital IF) system is only available on the ham bands.

By the way, Icom has posted some information on that new transceiver
at their Japan web site. Its in Japanese so you have to use a
translator like Babelfish.

Jim

tommyknocker December 31st 03 02:54 AM

R.F. Collins wrote:

Kenwood makes receivers as long as you buy a transmitter too. They
make a TS570D transceiver that has an excellent general coverage
receiver with DSP and was a bargain at under 900 dollars earlier in
the year. I have used it for ham radio and its passband tuning (DSP
slope tune) is very effective at cutting out adjacent signals. They
also make a TS870 and TS2000.

It seems manufacturers have cut funding for shortwave receivers and
are only upgrading their transceiver lines. Icom for instance with its
new million yen IC-7800 unit.

A million yen? That's $10,000! Who says amateur radio is dead? :)

The Traveler December 31st 03 05:08 AM

R.F. Collins wrote in
:

By the way, Icom has posted some information on that new
transceiver at their Japan web site. Its in Japanese so you have
to use a translator like Babelfish.

Here is a direct link to the IC-7800 "pre-release" brochure in
English... enjoy ;-)

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/info/ic-...re-release.pdf

--
The Traveler,
Oceanside, California

RadioGuy December 31st 03 03:18 PM

tommyknocker wrote in message
R.F. Collins wrote:

Kenwood makes receivers as long as you buy a transmitter too. They
make a TS570D transceiver that has an excellent general coverage
receiver with DSP and was a bargain at under 900 dollars earlier in
the year. I have used it for ham radio and its passband tuning (DSP
slope tune) is very effective at cutting out adjacent signals. They
also make a TS870 and TS2000.

It seems manufacturers have cut funding for shortwave receivers and
are only upgrading their transceiver lines. Icom for instance with its
new million yen IC-7800 unit.

A million yen? That's $10,000! Who says amateur radio is dead? :)

Yea... Icom was pricing the market before crash---let's see how many of
those aging Ham Yuppies will snap them up now!

RG