Old January 7th 04, 04:14 AM
patgkz

Default Radio Habana Sounds Like Ka-Ka

Whatever happened to the Cuban powerhouse. Can we take up a collection to
buy them some new modulator tubes? Somebody call the Svetlana factory and
get some new glass in that transmitter!

Listening 6.000MHz 0300Z, they sound like crap. Low freq popping noises,
muffled audio probably modulating the carrier only a few percent. My ham
rig has better audio!

Pathetic.

Old January 7th 04, 12:08 PM
Sanjaya

"patgkz" wrote...
Whatever happened to the Cuban powerhouse. Can we take up a collection to
buy them some new modulator tubes? Somebody call the Svetlana factory and
get some new glass in that transmitter!

Listening 6.000MHz 0300Z, they sound like crap.

[snip]

Hi patgkz.
I get them better on 9820 lately. Try it...
0100 to 0400 UTC

Old January 8th 04, 10:34 AM
Sanjaya

"Telamon" wrote...
"Sanjaya" wrote:

"patgkz" wrote...
Whatever happened to the Cuban powerhouse. Can we take up a collection to
buy them some new modulator tubes? Somebody call the Svetlana factory and
get some new glass in that transmitter!

Listening 6.000MHz 0300Z, they sound like crap.

[snip]

Hi patgkz.
I get them better on 9820 lately. Try it...
0100 to 0400 UTC

Their signal has been pretty crappy on 9820 also with weak modulation
lately.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

It was a good signal for me, that's why I made the suggestion.
But I'm in the eastern US, so maybe better for me than you.
Last night everything was crap though.

Old January 8th 04, 10:23 PM
Fred Burgess

"patgkz" wrote in message ...
Whatever happened to the Cuban powerhouse. Can we take up a collection to
buy them some new modulator tubes? Somebody call the Svetlana factory and
get some new glass in that transmitter!

Listening 6.000MHz 0300Z, they sound like crap. Low freq popping noises,
muffled audio probably modulating the carrier only a few percent. My ham
rig has better audio!

Pathetic.

I have always had problems monitoring RHC, both on 6000, and 9820.
They almost always sound muffled and muddy. Though I like their news
@0100 on 9820, I use a graphic equalizer to help enrich the sound, and
cut out noise and static.
Fred Burgess

Old January 9th 04, 05:31 AM
Telamon

In article .net,
"Sanjaya" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote...
"Sanjaya" wrote:

"patgkz" wrote...
Whatever happened to the Cuban powerhouse. Can we take up a collection
buy them some new modulator tubes? Somebody call the Svetlana factory
and
get some new glass in that transmitter!

Listening 6.000MHz 0300Z, they sound like crap.
[snip]

Hi patgkz.
I get them better on 9820 lately. Try it...
0100 to 0400 UTC

Their signal has been pretty crappy on 9820 also with weak modulation
lately.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

It was a good signal for me, that's why I made the suggestion.
But I'm in the eastern US, so maybe better for me than you.
Last night everything was crap though.

The norm here is 9820 is over S9 with good audio. I don't listen to them
much anymore but lately every time I went by them scanning through the
band they had weak muffled audio with some kind of TTY in the background.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 11th 04, 05:43 AM
maryanne kehoe

Solution to RHC's transmitter problems:

end the US embargo!!

Old January 25th 04, 10:27 PM
Jay

I read somewhere that the problems with their signal has to do with
reception problems rather than poor modulation at the source. I don't know
this from my own experience, of course. But I can tell you that when I was
in Orlando, Florida last October I expected them to boom in and they were
coming in less well then they usually do up here in Connecticut, so there
may be something to it. Just like in the Winter months when I can't hear
WBCQ at all and they tell me it is skipping over me. It comes in fine in the
summer but never in the winter.

Jay
"Fred Burgess" wrote in message
om...