RadioBanter

-   -   Solomon Islands (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40056-solomon-islands.html)

N8KDV January 11th 04 02:07 PM

Solomon Islands

Solomon Islands coming in exceptionally well here this morning at 1405
on 5019.9. Relaying BBC. First noted at 1300, and the signal has
improved appreciably since then.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

AL KA5JGV January 11th 04 02:45 PM

Steve, you get some interesting and desirable catches. What kind of
antenna(s) are you using up there in cold country?

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, Tx.

N8KDV January 11th 04 03:03 PM

AL KA5JGV wrote:

Steve, you get some interesting and desirable catches. What kind of
antenna(s) are you using up there in cold country?

70' and 200' wires.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

AL KA5JGV January 11th 04 05:04 PM

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
Did you hear anything in San Antonio, I am outside Dallas and hear

nothing.

No, I'm afraid not. That's why I asked Steve about his antennas. He must
have some nice real estate there. If I tried to build a 200 foot long wire I
would have to cross over at least four of my neighbors. And they're not into
short wave like I am. Small lots here in San Antonio.

Al

Diverd4777 January 11th 04 06:20 PM

If you have a very small lot,

you could run the wire back & fourth a few times;

n article , "AL KA5JGV"

N8KDV January 11th 04 07:03 PM

Burr wrote:

Do you have them in an "L" or two antennas?

They are two seperate antennas.