RadioBanter

-   -   Drake R8E (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40266-drake-r8e.html)

N8KDV January 24th 04 12:16 AM

Drake R8E

I'm still looking around for a Drake R8E. Must be in mint to excellent
condition, have the original box and manual.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Brian Hill January 24th 04 03:37 AM

"N8KDV" wrote in message
I'm still looking around for a Drake R8E. Must be in mint to excellent
condition, have the original box and manual.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Hi Steve. Is that the Europen model? Whats diferant about it?

N8KDV January 24th 04 01:01 PM

Brian Hill wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message
I'm still looking around for a Drake R8E. Must be in mint to excellent
condition, have the original box and manual.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Hi Steve. Is that the Europen model? Whats diferant about it?

Yes, the European model, more specifically I believe it's the German
version.

This from the Drake Virtual Museum:

http://www.dproducts.be/drake_museum/

"The R-8E is same as the R-8, with except of broadcast band coverage. The
coverage is reduced to meet German
regulations on import receivers. This regulation has since been changed".

I've had the chance before to purchase a Drake R8E front panel, but that
just wouldn't be the same now would it!?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Brian Hill January 24th 04 03:59 PM

"N8KDV" wrote in message

I imagine that will be a hard one to find?

Brian

N8KDV January 24th 04 04:49 PM

Brian Hill wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

I imagine that will be a hard one to find?

Could be! I haven't found one yet!