RadioBanter

-   -   My next questions (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40274-my-next-questions.html)

Preesi January 24th 04 01:12 PM

My next questions

Is there any software to recieve ATV broadcasts?

Is the ICOM-R3 any good?

Has WINRADIO gotten better/gotten cheaper? What can I get on it?

Now that Libyan president Mummoar Quaddafi has given up his WMDs do you
think he should give up that pillbox cap?

--

preesi

~~~My Mom and her Sister skip cheerily, arm and arm thru the crowded Mall
loudly singing "Sisters, Sisters" from the movie 'White Christmas' and you
wonder why Im a weirdo?~~~

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/preesi/Portal.htm
(All 5 Of My Sites Under One Easy To Use Link)
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Splenda1/petition.html
(Sign the Low Carb Splenda Petition-Get Liquid Splenda on the Market!)
http://www.petitiononline.com/KeepTWBS/petition.html
(A PETITION TO STOP THE CANCELLATION OF THE WAYNE BRADY SHOW)

Maximus January 24th 04 06:18 PM

People are like filters - they let in only what they can accept S. Weird
is in the mind of the beholder, no matter how narrow. If by weird you mean
creative and capable of enjoying what everyone else ignores, then bravo :)
Geniuses take relevant data that no one else apprehends and weave them into
a picture only they could see, and proceed to turn the world on its ear.

Mark Keith January 25th 04 07:42 AM

"Preesi" wrote in message ...
Is there any software to recieve ATV broadcasts?

No, but you likely have the hardware already for 420mhz ATV. A cable
ready TV on "cable", but connected to an antenna instead of
cable...Ch:57,58,59, etc...Need a good antenna unless you are close to
the machine, or person transmitting. Would need a converter for 1.2
gig, etc...

Is the ICOM-R3 any good?

Dunno, but I've never really had an icom I didn't like...I've seen a
few icoms I didn't like all that much, but I didn't buy them. :/

Has WINRADIO gotten better/gotten cheaper? What can I get on it?

Dunno.

Now that Libyan president Mummoar Quaddafi has given up his WMDs do you
think he should give up that pillbox cap?

Naw. He's a silly man. I think he should keep looking like one. MK

Michael Bryant January 25th 04 12:26 PM

From: (Mark Keith)

Naw. He's a silly man. I think he should keep looking like one.

One shudders to think what GW Bush should put on his head....

RHF January 25th 04 09:25 PM

mwb, Mwb. MWB !

See MWB, there you go twisting thinks again. (The MWB Spin Factor!)

The topic & subject was Libyan president Mummoar Quaddafi and
you have to "MORPH" it into some 'little minded jab' at the
43rd President of the United States George W. Bush.

Remember MWB that to Ask-the-Question? - Is t Beg-the-Answer!
"One shudders to think what GW Bush should put on his head...."
A "MWB" Mask! So He Will Look Like A "Might White Brother" (MWB) :o)

Hey "MWB" I just realized that you and "GWB" share something
in common. Your are 'both' "WB"s

But to get back to your original question.
"One shudders to think what GW Bush should put on his head...."
ANSWER: A BaseBall Cap - A Western Ranger's (Cowboy) Hat!
Is 'what' GWB "Wears" on his head; when he does wear a hat.
[ How American of Him - A 'common' man of the People. ]

OBTW: GWB has been Photographed wearing one other piece of
so-called Head Gear... a Flight Helmet !
(Something He Earned the Right to Do - By becoming a Pilot.)

Enjoy this Day "MWB"... and always remain a "MWB" :o)

fir... ~ RHF
= = = For I Remain... a Radical-Happy-Freak - Y E A H !
..
Are We Having Fun Yet ?
..
= = = ojunk (Michael Bryant)
= = = wrote in message ...
From:
(Mark Keith)

Michael Bryant January 26th 04 02:52 AM

From: (RHF)

OBTW: GWB has been Photographed wearing one other piece of
so-called Head Gear... a Flight Helmet !
(Something He Earned the Right to Do - By becoming a Pilot.)

Your strategy in picking areas to dend Bush shows lack of strategic thinking on
your part. We all know that Bush managed to avoid combat duty and seems to be
unaccounted for for almost a year of his service record. Would you explain the
part of his military career where he earned any right to bamboozle a nation
into a war with WMD lies?

RHF=Patriot Cheerleader

RHF January 26th 04 07:55 AM

= = = ojunk (Michael Bryant)
= = = wrote in message ...

From:
(RHF)

OBTW: GWB has been Photographed wearing one other piece of
so-called Head Gear... a Flight Helmet !
(Something He Earned the Right to Do - By becoming a Pilot.)

- - - S N I P - - -

"RHF = Patriot Cheerleader"

Why Thank You MWB - Yes I Am !

If Loving My Country is a Crime (In Your Mind MWB.)
- - - Then I Am Guilty.

If Being Proud to be an American is a Crime (In Your Mind MWB.)
- - - Then I Am Guilty.

If Believing in the Basic Goodness of Americans is a Crime (In Your Mind MWB.)
- - - Then I Am Guilty.

Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

gba ~ RHF

..

..

skywave January 26th 04 08:56 AM

RHF wrote:

= = = ojunk (Michael Bryant)
= = = wrote in message ...

From:
(RHF)

OBTW: GWB has been Photographed wearing one other piece of
so-called Head Gear... a Flight Helmet !
(Something He Earned the Right to Do - By becoming a Pilot.)

- - - S N I P - - -

"RHF = Patriot Cheerleader"

Why Thank You MWB - Yes I Am !

If Loving My Country is a Crime (In Your Mind MWB.)
- - - Then I Am Guilty.

If Being Proud to be an American is a Crime (In Your Mind MWB.)
- - - Then I Am Guilty.

If Believing in the Basic Goodness of Americans is a Crime (In Your Mind MWB.)
- - - Then I Am Guilty.

Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

gba ~ RHF

"Let us take a patriot, where we can meet him; and, that we may not
flatter ourselves by false appearances, distinguish those marks which
are certain, from those which may deceive; for a man may have the
external appearance of a patriot, without the constituent qualities; as
false coins have often lustre, though they want weight."

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Samuel Johnson- 1775

RHF January 26th 04 02:50 PM

A Trumpet Call from the Michael Moore Brigade was issued by "SkyWave":

" "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" "

Why Thank You SkyWave - Yes I Am !

If Loving My Country makes Me a Scoundrel
(In Your Mind SkyWave.) - Then I Love Bring A Scoundrel.

If Being Proud to be an American makes Me a Scoundrel.
(In Your Mind SkyWave.) - Then I Am Proud To Be A Scoundrel.

If Believing in the Basic Goodness of Americans makes Me a Scoundrel.
(In Your Mind SkyWave.) - Then My Goodness I Am Scoundrel.

Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue !
[ Where Scoundrels Are FREE To Be Scoundrels ! ]

dhc ~ RHF
= = = Duty, Honor, Country - God Has Blessed America with Great Leaders.
http://www.usa-patriotism.com/tribute/macarthur1.htm
The Corps, and The Corps, and The Corps - by General Douglas MacArthur
..
..
= = = skywave
= = = wrote in message ...
RHF wrote:

= = = ojunk (Michael Bryant)
= = = wrote in message ...

From:
(RHF)

Michael Bryant January 27th 04 04:02 AM

From: (RHF)

A Trumpet Call from the Michael Moore Brigade was issued by "SkyWave":

" "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" "

Why Thank You SkyWave - Yes I Am !

Hey, RHF, what's wrong with Michael Moore? Isn't he part of Americana? Isn't
your tent big enough for him? Why do you want to silence Michael Moore?

Now try hard to maintain a little philosophical consistency.....

Why do you Republicans dress superiority up as love for all Americans? If you
can't see through the lies, that doesn't make others unpatriotic.

And you're a very atypical Republican.